Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148841 times)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #690 on: March 26, 2015, 01:47:20 pm »
Do you have your flap switch set to an axis on your joystick/throttle.  Are you using FSUIPC or something similar for button assignments?

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jc005e

« Reply #691 on: March 26, 2015, 05:42:52 pm »
i have my flaps set on a axis on my joystick.   I also don't have any other add ons that could be affecting this  problem and i got the updated fsuipc.     In the 15.2 panel.fleet i saw an update exe , do i need to run that in order for the auto flap system to work? i mean ive tried it already and nothing still happended.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:50:43 pm by jc005e »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #692 on: March 26, 2015, 07:49:28 pm »
The update file will do nothing for you.  That was mainly for the FSX Blue Angels.  My hunch is that your axis assignment is conflicting with the gauge.  Try reassigning the flaps to a button or key instead of an axis.  That should do the trick.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jc005e

« Reply #693 on: March 27, 2015, 05:57:17 am »
Still Isnt solving my problem , ive tried removing the flap assignments from the joystick and im doing everything correctly but the flap switch still doesn't work for me when i click it.   

Orion

« Reply #694 on: March 27, 2015, 06:05:44 am »
Try renaming the dll.xml and exe.xml files in %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX and removing the [Trusted] section from the fsx.cfg.  Disallow all prompts except for the Autoflaps.dll gauge.  Make sure that there's no add-ons option in the menu that appears at the top when pressing the Alt key during a flight.  This should eliminate any third party addons that may be conflicting.

Dman

« Reply #695 on: March 27, 2015, 10:30:21 pm »
Need some help with this one..
Started using the Legacy hornet in P3D.. It looks totally awesome.. however. EVERYTIME I fly it.. when I change aircraft its a CTD issue.. restart the sim..default plane loads.. change into the hornet and go fly.. change planes CTD.. so on and so forth.. the only thing I can do is delete the P3D config file..  It's only with the hornet.. any ideas?

Using the 15.2 version
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:32:34 pm by Dman »

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #696 on: March 28, 2015, 12:45:14 am »
Try using the updated/patched Autoflaps.dll, two posts down where you downloaded 15.2 version and replace existing .dll with the updated/patched one. This should do the trick.

Dman

« Reply #697 on: March 28, 2015, 01:17:47 am »
Very cool.. I'll give it a try..

Dman

« Reply #698 on: March 28, 2015, 02:42:15 am »
Thank you!!!! hd764jvgd843

Smooth ... ;D ;D ;D

Orion

« Reply #699 on: March 28, 2015, 02:56:41 am »
Thank you!!!! hd764jvgd843

Smooth ... ;D ;D ;D

I actually asked about that before:

Good to hear pyroperson87 and Peter.  Also, Peter, I've always been curious: is there a story behind your username? :P

Sorry to disappoint, but no - just the first one that randomly came to mind and wasn't taken yet.

I also agree with pyroperson87's conclusion. :P

Random as in....you banged on the keyboard and had a username that wasn't already taken?  ;D

Kea

« Reply #700 on: March 28, 2015, 04:24:26 am »
Does anyone know what texture files for the D model control the appearance of the canopy glass?

I want to go from this:

To this:

The top one only has the CP_F18_1T, 2T, _3T, _4T, _5T, _6T DDS files in the Texture folder (and the texture fallback config file). The bottom image has all 150-odd MB of texture files in the Texture folder... I'm obviously trying to isolate one file so I can cut down the size of each texture folder.
Thanks!

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #701 on: March 28, 2015, 09:20:52 am »
Does anyone know what texture files for the D model control the appearance of the canopy glass?

The top one only has the CP_F18_1T, 2T, _3T, _4T, _5T, _6T DDS files in the Texture folder (and the texture fallback config file). The bottom image has all 150-odd MB of texture files in the Texture folder... I'm obviously trying to isolate one file so I can cut down the size of each texture folder.
Thanks!

For the C model, in the general Texture folder there should be two or three files right below the above mentioned ones that have "glass" in their name, which control the canopy glass textures. I hope it works for the D model, too. You can tryout/compare files from the original 15.2 version and from jc005e's release, they are different.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:27:47 am by hd764jvgd843 »

Kea

« Reply #702 on: March 29, 2015, 08:36:15 am »
Cheers, got it now. Just going through some updated paints for the single-seat covering more serials and squadrons for the Australian, Swiss, Finnish and Canadian forces and now with that twin seater out I thought I'd cover off some B's and D's from the same squadrons. Hopefully should have them up sometime this week...

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #703 on: March 29, 2015, 11:58:01 pm »
Hello Jimi,

I noticed that during tight turns (sea level, initiated at ~380 kts, max dry thrust, 90 deg bank angle), while bleeding speed the bird has the tendency to flip around, e.g. do a back flip during the turn short after stall warning sounds. I did not notice it before, because the envelope for triggering it seems to be small - you have to be fast, but not too fast, and not too slow either. The behaviour was gone/returned, when I disabled/enabled Pitch_Auto_Trim.xml. I found the cause being the 'FCS Pitch Enable' section of the script, which seems to additionally apply stick/elevator during tight turns. When I decreased 'Indicence Alpha' from 22 degrees, backflips could be triggered more easily than before and when I moved the threshold to 25 degrees and above the anomaly was gone. I tried several times, but I could not trigger it anymore.

Stall Recovery in Pitch Auto Trim seems to be triggered at 22 degrees AoA, too. That seemed a little low - I suggest changing it to 50 degrees, so one can still fly in the forties without interference.

Best regards, Peter
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:06:43 am by hd764jvgd843 »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #704 on: March 30, 2015, 04:20:19 am »
Stall Recovery in Pitch Auto Trim seems to be triggered at 22 degrees AoA, too. That seemed a little low - I suggest changing it to 50 degrees, so one can still fly in the forties without interference.

Quote from: NATOPS FLIGHT MANUAL NAVY MODEL A1-F18AC-NFM-000 Page: IV-11-3
The FCS incorporates AOA feedback above 22° AOA. To increase AOA above the feedback AOA of 22°, aft stick must be applied. The AOA for the highest lift available (CLmax) is approximately 35° AOA. The maximum steady state AOA with full aft stick (35 pounds stick force) is 50 to 55°. AOA control is good up through max AOA. If the aft stick is released, the FCS commands nose down pitch until the AOA is reduced below the feedback AOA of 22°. At this time, the AOA feedback is removed and the FCS again seeks to maintain 1 g flight.

Peter,

Please read the above passage from NATOPS in the "Flight Characteristics" section.  I'll re-check the coding, but you shouldn't have interference with flying the jet at 50 degrees AOA, since constant aft stick pressure is required.  The recovery should kick in once the stick is released (given the jet is at or above 22 degrees AOA or course).

In regard to the the flipping, is this with your augmented .air/aircraft config files or with the original 15.2 files?  Either case, I'll take a look into it.

Also,  If you are interested, below is the link to the new prototype flight model that I've been working on that incorporates ORION's PIDs for pitch control (G Commanded at high speed & AOA Commanded at low speed/dirty configuration).  DEFINITELY A WORK IN PROGRESS & AND NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO BEING RELEASED.  Still has a ways to go.  But you can see where it is going.  Still have A LOT of tweaking to do on the PIDs.  Definitely not fun or easy (for me at least).

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3So3WwTLPRZeExCU2NKT0JKNXc/view?usp=sharing

Changes include:
-PID Control for Pitch Axis (as mentioned above)
-PID For Rudder Control for Turn Coordination
-Updated Throttle/Power Curves for thrust output (SL up to 35K)
-Adjusted Drag Values

Things I Already Know About and Still Working:
-Pitch control becomes jerky at high speed/high G combinations
-Transition into AOA is "notchy", meaning there is noticeable jerk in pitch once it activates (Gear Down Flaps HALF/FULL at approx 170 KIAS)
-Noticeable more amount of aft stick is required once above 22 AOA as the FCS once again transitions from G commanded to AOA commanded
-Not cable of reaching sustained Max G yet.  Usually get to about 5.5 or 6 Gs Max.
-Abrupt nose down stab is automatically commanded if stick is quickly released after hard, positive G pull as the FCS rapidly seeks to re-capture 1 G.

Again still working to tweak and fix these things.  If you want to have fun with it, there are a few new entries in the aircraft config called [Elevator PID] and [Rudder PID].  Those three values change how the gauge behaves and operates.  More information on PID can be found here at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:41:40 am by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels