Author Topic: Pushback vehicle disappears at certain angles  (Read 2908 times)

AaronMyers

Pushback vehicle disappears at certain angles
« on: July 09, 2012, 04:23:00 pm »
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but during pushback, from the VC the pushback vehicle will disappear and reappear depending on the angel I'm viewing. Easy to reproduce with TrackIR as it appears and vanishes just moving my head a round a bit. Any ideas what the cause/solution might be?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback vehicle disappears at certain angles
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 10:39:39 pm »
Nothing related to GSX, of course.

It's an automatic optimization made independently by FSX for EVERY 3d object, in order to gain some fps, FSX tries to decide if an objects is inside your field of view, and it does it very aggressively ( too much, probably ), because the whole object will be culled even if only part of it is outside your field of view. It doesn't do it for GSX vehicles, every 3d objects is affected, for example default and custom jetways have exactly the same behaviour, it's just that with GSX installed, you are more likely to use closer viewing angles, that shows this more easily, but it has always been there.

AaronMyers

Re: Pushback vehicle disappears at certain angles
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 03:27:50 am »
It has, I agree. I see it while testing other scenery products as well, but I thought there may be some properties or configurations that could be made with the objects themselves to minimize it a bit. Shame because the pushback truck especially disappears entirely too soon in my opinion.