Author Topic: Windows 7 keeps blocking gsx_fsx_setup.exe from installing **solved**  (Read 8998 times)

The Lifehouse

Subject explains whats happening.

I've tried turning down the settings on User Account Control and running the exe as administrator, neither work. Google doesn't give me a good answer or any way to fix it. I'm sure that its not my antivirus (BD2012) its definitely Windows blocking me from going any further with the installation.

This is the warning message as it won't allow me take a screenshot while its displaying the message.

This program has been blocked for your protection

An administrator (me) has blocked you from running this program. For more information, contact your administrator.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

The Lifehouse
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:26:24 am by virtuali »

johndrago

Re: Windows 7 keeps blocking gsx_fsx_setup.exe from installing.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:04:50 pm »
Subject explains whats happening.

I've tried turning down the settings on User Account Control and running the exe as administrator, neither work. Google doesn't give me a good answer or any way to fix it. I'm sure that its not my antivirus (BD2012) its definitely Windows blocking me from going any further with the installation.

This is the warning message as it won't allow me take a screenshot while its displaying the message.

This program has been blocked for your protection

An administrator (me) has blocked you from running this program. For more information, contact your administrator.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

The Lifehouse

Turn off UAC.  It does not play well with FSX and add-ons.  You may also have some sort of malicious program monitor as part of your AV, or your firewall.  Try turning off one at a time to see which one is the problem.

- John
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:06:26 pm by johndrago »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 11:25:48 pm »
This error doesn't have anything to do with running under Adminstrator or having UAC off. Is the result of you mistakenly put us in the "Untrusted Publisher" list, so everything signed by us will not work. Not just the installers, but everything so, even if you managed to install, it won't run anyway. This can't happen without your manual intervention. Only you can un-trust a Publisher, and only you can re-trust it.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

The Lifehouse

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 02:29:09 am »
Ok I found the problem, I didn't realize that I had to restart windows 7 after changing the settings on the user account control panel.

So its all good :)

Cheers