Author Topic: Hel with the following 3rd party airplanes  (Read 4526 times)

Auza

Hel with the following 3rd party airplanes
« on: June 18, 2012, 09:58:29 pm »
Hi friends, I got a problem with the just flight 737 proffesional, when I install gsx, the airplane configuration made by default and when I use gsx in my 737, I dont know why but when I call debording and the catering service, appear two stairs for gate 1 and 2 catering trucks for service gate, also the cargo service is incomplete for this airplane.

And for mi virtualcol embraer e-jets, the problem is that when I call deboarding services doesnt appear any stairs for it, and the catering services has an incorrect height, so CAN ANYBODY HELP ME TO FIX THIS PROBLEM, I DONT KNOW HOW TO EDIT AIRCRAFT.CFG . THANKS

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hel with the following 3rd party airplanes
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 10:12:40 pm »
If an airplane is not supported natively by GSX, you need to create a GSX.CFG config for it. The data already there can't be correct for any airplane, because is derived from the aircraft.cfg, but you are supposed to edit it to support an unsupported airplane.

The GSX manual has complete explanation how to do this, there's no need to repeat here what's already in the manual, in great detail.

Auza

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 02:44:24 am »
Will someday 737 proffesional and a320 jetliner be in your supported list?, because the problem is only in big airplanes, in my virtualcol jetastream super 31 ,a small plane, is full compatible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 10:05:12 am »
We'll might add them but, as I've said, if you read the manual how to create a GSX.CFG file, you can add support any airplane without waiting to be supported by GSX.

Auza

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 07:59:10 pm »
But theres somethings I cant fix, like adding a complete cargo service to my 737 pro because the setting is in auto, and the manual doesnt say how to put baggages cars like in cls md 80, the manual only explanes how to change positions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 11:16:10 pm »
The manual surely explains that too: look at Page 29, I'm copy & pasting from there:

The uldcode parameter is a string code, usually 3 characters in length, that identify the standard IATA code for the Unit Load Device (the container) used by that door. It’s important to specify the correct ULD code, so a container having dimensions appropriate for the airplane and the door size will be used. If this code is set to ““ (two double quotes), the Cargo loaders will be disabled for that exit, and a Conveyor Belt vehicle will appear instead.

Auza

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 12:26:29 am »
But the manual only indicates the code of big airplanes, where can i get the code of the plane im looking for?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 07:38:36 am »
But the manual only indicates the code of big airplanes, where can i get the code of the plane im looking for?

You ask for this:

the manual doesnt say how to put baggages cars like in cls md 80

Which, as your wrote it, means you wanted to know how to use baggage cars, instead of cargo loaders. Cargo loaders have ULD codes, if you put a double quote "" sign, it will use baggage cars, as you asked. Since you said "like in cls md80", the MD80 is another airplane that doesn't use ULD containers, so you don't need any code for the 737 too, because code = "" (double quotes) means "no ULD".

The manual indicates the codes for almost all popular airplanes that USE ULD containers, you explicitly asked for a 737, and the 737 DOES NOT use ULD containers, because its cargo door is too small, which is why there's no 737 listed, since in real world the 737 doesn't use them (like the 757, is not there not because the manual is not complete, but because the 757 doesn't use containers on the lower cargo doors).

So, again, since you asked how to put BAGGAGE cars (not ULD containers cars) on a 737, you need to set code = "", as explained on the manual AND on my previous post.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:40:48 am by virtuali »