Author Topic: fsx closes automaticly after installing JFK **solved**  (Read 8187 times)

gino13

fsx closes automaticly after installing JFK **solved**
« on: February 02, 2012, 06:37:47 pm »
Hello,

I have just installed fsx jfk but when i try to launch fsx its asking to accept the couatl and addonmanager i clicked YES. then FSX closes automaticly without showing the menu. I uninstall JFK and i the problem was solved. I installed JFK and FSX closes again.
Please help me.

Regards,

Gino Kraan
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 11:39:34 pm by virtuali »

gino13

Re: fsx closes automaticly after installing JFK
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:44:24 pm »
I've just got an error that there was a problem with the bglman file

gino13

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 06:46:40 pm »
i've installed the standalone installer and that solved it.
Sorry for starting this topic.

juancho

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 12:17:25 am »
I can confirm this. I installed this scenery and then my FSX stopped loading.

Anyway I installed OhareX after that and FSX was able to start again. SOmething weird going on with the JFK installer.

theshack440

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 12:41:10 am »
Have you tried downloading the newest JFK installer/standalone addon manager? That helps sometimes.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 01:15:42 pm »
If FSX close without any message, it's because your antivirus has blocked the download of the current files (but not all of them), so you ended up having file mixed between old and new version.

As explained many other times of the forum, when the antivirus creates these problem, the solution is always:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

jamo2oo9

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 04:09:11 pm »
Umberto,
I have done what you outlined above but it didn't work. My FSX keeps closing after I install JFK but it works fine after ORD, LAS and LAX but without JFK. I also downloaded and installed the latest add-on manager.

Jamie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 09:33:54 pm »
I have done what you outlined above but it didn't work. My FSX keeps closing after I install JFK but it works fine after ORD, LAS and LAX but without JFK. I also downloaded and installed the latest add-on manager.

If the other sceneries works, then it's sure it's not an Addon Manager problem or an FSDT problem. The Addon Manager is exactly the same so, any problem with it, would result in the same problem at all sceneries.

If, instead, it happens at JFK only, and you can run later sceneries like KLAX without problems, it means your Addon Manager is correctly installed and it's the correct version, so the problem must be something entirely different, like an AI corrupted texture, for an AI that appears only at JFK.

jamo2oo9

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 10:13:57 pm »
Okay, so what do you suggest I do? I do have Ultimate Traffic 2 installed on my system. Could that be the problem?

Jamie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 10:49:22 pm »
UT2 it's fairly easy to disable without having to uninstall it, just terminate the UT2Services.exe with Task Manager after FSX starts, then try going to JFK.

Note that, even if problems with AI textures are the most common cause of crashes, there might be other issues, like default missing/corrupted textures for a landclass which is specific to the JFK area, or a problem with vector scenery, like Ultimate Terrain USA for example. We had previous reports of users being sure JFK airport has a problem, but turned out to be a problem with Ultimate Terrain USA.

jamo2oo9

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 12:39:45 am »
That isn't the problem. When I start FSX, a initialisation screen comes up as default for about 5-10 seconds and then it shuts down without a message. This only occurs when JFK is installed. I don't have anything else installed except for UT2, PMDG 747X and your sceneries of LAX, LAS and ORD

Jamie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 10:49:56 pm »
I'm sorry, but I can only confirm that, if KLAX is working, it's just not possible JFK won't. This means the problem is something else you installed that is affecting the JFK area, but not related to our products.

Of course, I assume you have:

- The most current version of JFK

- The most current version of KLAX

- The most current version of the Addon Manager.

If you are using an old JFK installer or you are not sure what you have, be sure you install the current version of the Addon Manager AFTER everything else.

jamo2oo9

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 02:15:49 am »
I have done all of that, installed O' Hare, LAS, LAX, JFK and then the latest addon manager. It worked but LAX is back to the same as before, no textures or buildings. Just jetways and some basic ground detail.
LAS, JFK and ORD seem to working perfectly.

Jamie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 02:10:37 pm »
Ok, now something has clearly changed, because you said JFK was the only one that didn't worked, now it's working and KLAX is not, and FSX doesn't close anymore.

I'm sorry, but the only possible explanation, is that you still are NOT using the most current versions of all installers. Download them again, all of them.

jamo2oo9

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 05:58:39 pm »
Okay, I've downloaded all of the latest installers for those airports and now it's working like a charm.
Thanks Umberto!

Jamie