Author Topic: GSX error scripting engine restarting **solved**  (Read 17011 times)

Cristiano Mueller

Re: GSX error scripting engine restarting
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 01:53:48 am »
Mr. Umberto.

Please forgive me for using the phrase "this happens with any aircraft." My default aircraft is the Trike, and after the error appears, I was testing on other aircraft, and other, and other, coincidentally that signaled the error. Namely:
Trike
Extra 300S
Douglas DC3
DG808S
Piper Cub
Grumman Goose
Carenado C172N
Carenado T210
Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0

I tested these aircraft, because they were the fastest to load. As presented error, I made ​​the flippant comment that "all aircraft have error".

But I admit I was wrong. The following aircraft have NO error:

Embraer Feelthere 175
Embraer Feelthere 195
Embraer Feelthere ERJ 135
Embraer Feelthere ERJ 145
Carenado C337
PMDG 737 NGX (600 700 800 900)
PMDG 747-8
PMDG MD11

Default aircrafts: NO error too.
CRJ 700
Cessna 172
King Air
Learjet 45
Bell Helicopter
Cessna 208B
Baron 58
Robinson R22
Maule
Mooney Bravo
de Havilland Beaver
Airbus A321
Boeing 737-800
Boeing 747-400

Again I apologize for the superficial comment , and I will be waiting instructions for how to use the aircrafts that present the message.

By the way, GSX is, no doubt, one of the best addons for FSX. Thanks for your assistance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 01:54:43 am »
Yes, we already found where the problem is, will be surely fixed before tomorrow (it's 1:49 AM now, and it's not a very good idea to work on a fix now).

If you want to fly with these airplanes without being bothered by the message, you can add an [Exits] section like this:

[exits]
number_of_exits=1
exit.0=0,0,0,0,0

OR, edit the exiting one, to have the format expressed as exit.N and then 5 parameters, what it's usually missing are the coordinates and the door's type, they might be all 0, it's not a problem, since that airplane wouldn't have worked anyway, but will at least prevent the error message.

Cristiano Mueller

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 02:01:33 am »
Thank you Mr. Umberto;

I will wait until tomorrow, don't worry. Here in Brazil is almost 10:00 PM, and I came tired of work, just wanted to clear my mind a bit in FSX. If there is a fix, I wait.

Good night, and thank you.

Best regards
Cristiano Mueller

colang

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 02:01:56 am »
> (it's 1:49 AM now, and it's not a very good idea to work on a fix now).
Agree !!  :-) :-)
Thanks a lot for such immediate support at theese hours!!
Going to sleep me too.

ETNWHVAC

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 02:06:14 am »
Ok so this is what you have to do.

1) Determine which aircraft gives you the error.
2) Open the "aircraft.cfg"
3) Find the [exits] tag
4) If found change any of the "exit_rate.x" (.x being the exit number) for "exit.x" (.x being the exit number)
5) If not found procede to add the following
[exits]
number_of_exits = x (x being the number of exits the aircraft has)
exit.x = 0.4 (.x being the exit number starting with "zero")
Repeat until the number of exits has being reached.

Hope this is clear enough.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 02:20:59 am »
5) If not found procede to add the following
[exits]
number_of_exits = x (x being the number of exits the aircraft has)
exit.x = 0.4 (.x being the exit number starting with "zero")
Repeat until the number of exits has being reached.

If the aircraft.cfg never had an [exits] section to begin with (like the default Ultralight), it would be easier to simply use this one:

[exits]
number_of_exits=1
exit.0=0,0,0,0,0

In any case, editing the aircraft.cfg is needed only if you urgently need to fly that specific airplane now, because we'll surely fix the issue very shortly.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:23:25 am by virtuali »

Hodge001

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 03:58:57 am »
Hi

Firstly my apologies for the delayed response to your suggestion on the C185 exits syntax, I edited the aircraft.cfg file with your exits entry and I am happy to say that FSX now starts without any warnings or crashes, so it would seem to be the exits entry as you rightly suggested, thank you for your help on this one.

In addition I would also like to say thank you for the outstanding support given on this issue, especially at the time of day that I put the request in at, I really do appreciate the extra effort you have put into resolving the error and the information on how to fix it.

Jim Hodkinson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2012, 09:58:18 am »
Problem has been fixed with the current Live Update.

colang

Re: GSX error scripting engine restarting **solved**
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 02:29:12 pm »
Works great!
Thanks for outstanding support of a great product.

Pahlmla

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 05:14:51 am »
Same problem here as well.  My Couatl.err file looks identical to the first posting by "Hodge001".  Most recently I was flying the Carenado 152II with FSFlightSchool Pro, Actrive Sky 2012, TrackIR v5 and A2A's "Accu-Feel".  Everything was working fine just 24 hours ago.  Now...  constant "The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart..." pop-ups.  I hope there's an answer to this mystery ASAP.  Looks like I'll need to uninstall GSX until one's found.
Larry
____

System: Dell XPS 430 w/ Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 CPU @ 3.0 GHz, 8 Gb DDR3 memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 w/ 896 Mb DDR3 GPU, Sound Blaster X-Fi SB0886 Sound Card, 2 – LG W2252 monitors; Saitek Yoke, Throttle and Pedal flight controls

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 09:49:17 am »
Same problem here as well. 

The problem has been found and fixed since a couple of days already, if you are still seeing it, it's because you haven't applied the latest Live Update.

Hreygro

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 12:29:11 am »
Same problem here, after having downloaded the last GSX version and the latest addon manager from your site. The problem occurs with any FSX aircraft, including the trike, Microsoft 737, Airbus, 737NGX, Captain Sim 757, etc.
The warning message which appears is exactly the same as for the other users.
The problem seems cured when I revert to version 1.3 of GSX (uninstall everything, reinstall v1.3 AND addon manager which I had downloaded at the same time than v1.3), replace "false" bglmanx file (0 k) with a good one).
For now, I'll stay with GSX version 1.3 which is rock solid on my specific system : I'd rather be flying, as they say...

Thanks for your support

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 11:05:56 am »
Sorry, but it's not possible you are still having the problem after the most current Live Update. If you are still seeing it, it's because you haven't applied the latest Live Update.

The problem occurs with any FSX aircraft, including the trike, Microsoft 737, Airbus, 737NGX, Captain Sim 757, etc.

No. That problem (before it was fixed) occurred ONLY with airplanes with NO EXITS section in the aircraft.cfg. Unless you are having a DIFFERENT error. In this case, please post the Couatl.err report, because your problem might be entirely different.

The problem seems cured when I revert to version 1.3 of GSX (uninstall everything, reinstall v1.3 AND addon manager which I had downloaded at the same time than v1.3), replace "false" bglmanx file (0 k) with a good one).

Fact you had a 0k bglmanx.dll, seems to indicate your internet connection is not working, or another program (a firewall?) is blocking online access to the installer, which explains why you haven't got the most current Live Update.

Hreygro

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 12:36:18 am »
Sorry Umberto, but when I tell you this error happens with any aircraft I choose, I mean "every" aircraft, not just the ones with no exits.

Anyway, please don't bother with this if I'm the only one with this kind of problem : as I said in another post, for technical reasons, my flight sim PC has no speed connection, just a prediluvian 56k modem. The simple fact of downloading Live updates on my machine takes ages.
For now on, I'll stick with version 1.3 and I'll do a complete reinstall when the next generic update will be available...

Thank you for your support and congratulations for GSX, which I guess is a terrific coding work !

Henri R

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2012, 11:07:25 am »
Sorry Umberto, but when I tell you this error happens with any aircraft I choose, I mean "every" aircraft, not just the ones with no exits.

Then it must be ANOTHER error because, as I've said, the error mentioned in the post happens ONLY with airplanes with no exits.

Anyway, please don't bother with this if I'm the only one with this kind of problem : as I said in another post, for technical reasons, my flight sim PC has no speed connection, just a prediluvian 56k modem. The simple fact of downloading Live updates on my machine takes ages.

Just download the most current Full installer from another PC, and install it on the flight sim one, then apply the last Live Update, which should be fairly small (about 1MB) if you started with a full installer using the most current installer.