Author Topic: EGLL  (Read 4487 times)

thomas888b

• Fly UK
EGLL
« on: April 14, 2012, 06:35:51 pm »
I have safe dock at lots of EGLL's stands, but this isn't noted in the gates list. I know you're going to say its not GSX's problem, but I would like to see which gates have safe dock, like at the trial airports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: EGLL
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 11:53:23 pm »
GSX will indicate if there's a docking system only it was MADE with GSX, so it will of course work with all our sceneries, since they all use GSX to create their docking systems.

If the scenery has its own docking systems, GSX doesn't have any means to recognize it, since it might be done in lots of different ways depending on the scenery, and there isn't any standard to create them (FSX jetways have at least one official method to be indicated, which GSX recognize), so a way to list them should be different for every 3rd party scenery.

When we'll release the next update to the scenery customization editor, we are planning to allow user to place GSX docking systems in every airport so, GSX will then recognize them, but if the scenery already has them, it would be probably best to use the scenery provided ones.

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 11:34:59 am »
Well, It's not a FSDT scenery, however, there was no marshaller indicating that it realised there was some system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 07:19:26 pm »
If there was no marshaller, it doesn't automatically mean GSX recognized a docking system: maybe it was there but it was just inside a building.

If you said which EGLL scenery you are referring to and which gate you tried, it would have been easier to explain it better, but I thought your question was only about the lack of an indication of a docking system on the parking select list, now you are saying the marshaller is missing. Missing from the list or from the scenery ? Because, even on FSDT sceneries, the marshaller is never listed on the list: if there's nothing, it's assumed to be a parking assisted by a marshaller.

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 07:27:00 pm »
No, I'm using aerosols mega heathrow, gate/stand 170, there are no buildings around, just taxiways, but I had to use safe dock to park.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 07:32:21 pm »
There's no reason why you wouldn't get a marshaller there. Was the parking suitable for your airplane size ? Does the rest of GSX services worked ?

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 07:36:55 pm »
Yes, the others did, everything except the marshaller.