Author Topic: General issues with Couatl  (Read 3622 times)

airchild

General issues with Couatl
« on: April 13, 2012, 08:15:59 pm »
Hello, I'm a new customer but for me FSDreamteam is currently a nightmare, at best.

This week I heard about GSX and decided to give it a try. Downloaded, installed and ran in demo mode at EDDM. Everything worked fine and was fun. Next evening, I went to buy the license and, since I was offered a small discount for another product on checkout, also bought your Geneva scenery.
That's when the trouble started. During LSGG install it told me it couldn't overwrite certain dll's and other files in the "couatl" folder. Took me 4 attempts until I realised that the couatl.exe process was still running, obviously from my tests the day before. I killed the process and could finally install the scenery.
But upon starting FSX, the couatl engine told me "A debugger is detected on this computer .... Couatl Scripting engine will not execute ...." I could open the addon manager and enter my serial numbers but now I have LSGG sceenry without terminal buildings and no command window for GSX.
And the debugger message comes up all the time now, no matter what I do.

1. I assure you there's NO debugger running on my system, simply because I don't have such things!
2. I checked all running processes with no results.
3. I rebooted the system and did a full disk scan for any viruses or even root kits, using Outpost Security, Malwarebytes, Kaspersky TDSS killer and Hijackthis. No results.
4. I stopped my Outpost firewall and killed all processes not crucial for Windows and tried to start the couatl.exe directly from its folder. Same error.

Question: why do I get this message after installing Geneva, but did not get it the other day when running GSX demo?? In between nothing was installed or downloaded.
btw: I uninstalled both, Geneva and GSX, then reinstalled only GSX. Still the "debugger" message bugs me.
This can only be a false positive with some driver (ATI, Logitech, internal sound device, that's about it) or whatever. But I give up now.

If you can provide any solution to this, I'll be a happy customer. If not, please give me directions on how to get a refund. I paid 57 Euros for add-ons I can't use at all!  >:( >:(

ps: I can provide a Hijackthis log if this is of any use.

system info:
Win7 64bit SP1
ATI Radeon HD 4870

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: General issues with Couatl
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:21:54 pm »
That's when the trouble started. During LSGG install it told me it couldn't overwrite certain dll's and other files in the "couatl" folder. Took me 4 attempts until I realised that the couatl.exe process was still running, obviously from my tests the day before.

No, it wasn't. The Couatl.exe will close automatically when FSX closes. If you still had running, it was because you launched the installer too quickly after FSX closed, not giving enough time for Couatl itself to close.

But upon starting FSX, the couatl engine told me "A debugger is detected on this computer .... Couatl Scripting engine will not execute ...."

This problem has been been fixed since a day already, after a couple of hours after it was discovered, it simply happens you installed exactly at the wrong time.

If you launched the GSX installed after the problem was fixed (yesterday morning) the message would have gone away.

This can only be a false positive with some driver (ATI, Logitech, internal sound device, that's about it) or whatever. But I give up now.

If you can provide any solution to this, I'll be a happy customer

As I've said, the solution was already provided since yesterday. The problem file was online for a few hours already.

Note that, if you use the freeware utility "ATI Tray Tools", you might still have similar issues, but there's no solution for this right now, other then not using ATI Tray Tools.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:24:20 pm by virtuali »

airchild

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 08:51:24 pm »
Thank you for the quick reply!

This problem has been been fixed since a day already, after a couple of hours after it was discovered, it simply happens you installed exactly at the wrong time.

If you launched the GSX installed after the problem was fixed (yesterday morning) the message would have gone away.

It was still there when I tried 10 minutes before posting. But I will try to uninstall again, redownload and reinstall. Will keep you updated.
Is there anything else that needs to be removed when uninstalling, except the files in the fsdreamteam folder?

Note that, if you use the freeware utility "ATI Tray Tools", you might still have similar issues, but there's no solution for this right now, other then not using ATI Tray Tools.
I used to use this on my old XP system, but not anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 09:07:43 pm »
It was still there when I tried 10 minutes before posting. But I will try to uninstall again, redownload and reinstall. Will keep you updated.

If the .exe gets stuck in a session (because launched the installer too quickly after FSX closed) it doesn't matter how much time you wait or relaunch FSX, the only option is to terminate the Couatl.exe manually with the Task manager.

Is there anything else that needs to be removed when uninstalling, except the files in the fsdreamteam folder?

The uninstallers works and remove anything that needs to be removed. However, there's no need to uninstall first, just reinstall. And note, we upgraded GSX today so, you might want to download the full installer again.

airchild

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 10:55:49 pm »
just reinstall. And note, we upgraded GSX today so, you might want to download the full installer again.

;D = happy customer!

Uninstalled (anyway), reinstalled - everything works! I just hope it will stay this way ;)

Thank you for the support!