Author Topic: Couatl debugger error **solved**  (Read 17237 times)

joehibb

Re: Couatl debugger error.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 03:02:27 am »
The updated couatl exe file is causing the problem.

Mike T

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 03:03:14 am »
Would have been nice for them to have said something BEFORE I started deleting things!  :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 07:41:33 am »
First, you just can't expect we would be available to reply 24/7, when you post something in the middle of the night. Not everybody lives in the same time zone, it's 7:34 AM while I'm writing this...

In any case, there's no "problem on our end", since nothing regarding the detection of a debugger has changed in Couatl.exe since it was released years ago.

The problem is surely been caused by something else have installed, most likely an antivirus, fact that there are several of you reporting this at the same time, might indicate an antivirus live update has changed something, making the antivirus more invasive than ever, attaching as a debugger to every .exe that runs.

And no, you will not see this on the Task Manager, it's probably a service or something that you always run in the background that has been updated in some way. It's not necessarily have to be an antivirus, even if that is the most likely case but, for example, we had issues with the ATI Tray Tools, a program so invasive, that silently attach itself to each and every .exe running on your system.

So please, before being so sure saying the problem is on our end, let's discuss what you have installed, if it was updated recently.

Fact the antivirus doesn't report problems, doesn't mean much: if it's attaching to the exe as a debugger to *check* this, it would trigger a reaction from couatl.exe regardless of the outcome of the scanning.

We never had any problem with debuggers before but, of course, before taking any action, we should first identify WHICH product is causing this.

bensmini

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 07:50:42 am »
Well, which product is it?  Since my earlier post I got the same debugging message when I turned on FSX  about the couatl exe.  And now I don't even have my trial GSX working much less the paid for one

bensmini

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 07:53:49 am »
If we *knew* which product is, I wouldn't have asked to say what you have installed. Have you updated your antivirus today ? Which one is ?

Have you installed or updated another system utility ? If yes, which one ?

Have you installed or updated another FSX addon that requires an executable module ? If yes, which one ?

Papacoach

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 08:20:30 am »
Same issue here.  Everything was working earlier today.  I reinstalled kdfw and kfll because it was outdated (according to the prompt when fsx started).

Norton updated within the hour, but nothing else updated or installed. 

Thanks for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2012, 08:22:43 am »
I've put a temporary solution online, just run any installer (the Stand-Alone Addon Manager should be fine) to get it, it will suffice until we find the real cause.

samiranks

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2012, 08:31:59 am »
Hi Virtuali,

Read your response, but unfortunately or fortunately, I have not updated anything or even had my computer on for the past 4 days before deciding to update GSX.  My reason for deleting the Addon Manager and reinstalling was because, for some reason, I have volatile issues with the GSX working some of the times (not a problem that I am reporting, I am sure I can find the fix for that on here).  However, what ever it takes to fix the issue, if there is a way you can help, it will be greatly appreciated. I do know that I haven't had any change in my anti-virus, plus I have my updates set to be updated only when I request one.
I guess overall, I want to find out if there is a work around to see the scenery with that message?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2012, 08:36:06 am »
You must have missed my latest message: the problem is solved for now, we don't know yet what caused it, but the current solution will suffice until we know more.

Papacoach

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2012, 08:38:04 am »
Thank you!

I've put a temporary solution online, just run any installer (the Stand-Alone Addon Manager should be fine) to get it, it will suffice until we find the real cause.

Crashdive

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 08:57:51 am »
Did any of you guys read my previous post and tried that?
It worked for me without using Umberto's temporary solution...

dolor

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 10:19:04 am »
Yes, but since you don't know which update caused all this havoc then you must never download another update again...  Good for a temporary solution, but not easy for practical reasons.

Let's hope that Umperto will do some of his magic!  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 10:27:30 am »
The problem is fixed now, and we can consider it a final fix, we still don't have any idea why it happened, but the version which is online now is safe to use without doing anything special.

Brunotx

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 10:39:46 am »
It's strange. Because, even after instaling the standalone Addon Manager after Zurich, the problem is still present.
I noticed too, that if I only install Addon-Manager I get the problem too. It can't be an Antivirus problem because I still don't installed one in my PC which I had 4 days ago.

Regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 10:58:30 am »
It's strange. Because, even after instaling the standalone Addon Manager after Zurich, the problem is still present.

The file which is online now is surely ok, the only possible reason why you are still getting the problem, is that either you haven't installed it after we fixed it OR something is blocking the download and is preventing you to get the updated (fixed) version.