Author Topic: Key assignments for individual actions  (Read 3789 times)

ByteG

Key assignments for individual actions
« on: April 09, 2012, 12:04:30 pm »
Hello,

I was wandering if it is possible to assign keystrokes to individual actions (deboarding, catering, pushback...) instead only to YouControl menu?

To increase the realism, I am trying to access those particular functions by voice control. So far, I've been only "partially" successful.
For example, I have set up VoxScript (Multi Crew Experience) to simulate "Ctrl+F12" and then "5" when I say "Ground service prepare for pushback". If the pushback is possible to both sides then "push to the left" simulates pressing "1" and "push to the right" simulates pressing "2".

Generally, this works ok. The irony is that it doesn't work with ZurichX for obvious reason - additional submenu for controlling airport shades.

So, is it possible to at least separate the key assignments for YouControl and GSX services?
But, it would make a great difference if one could assign a keystroke individually for every GSX action.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Key assignments for individual actions
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:11:44 pm »
I was wandering if it is possible to assign keystrokes to individual actions (deboarding, catering, pushback...) instead only to YouControl menu?

It's not possible: that's a standard FSX menu, so it only takes *one* key to activate it, and then it will only respond to keys from 0 to 9 so, there's simply nothing we can do about it.

So, is it possible to at least separate the key assignments for YouControl and GSX services?

It was intentionally made like this, in order not to "steal" more than 1 key from FSX. AND, since the whole product is designed around this concept, it can't be easily changed.

ByteG

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 08:13:45 pm »

It's not possible: that's a standard FSX menu, so it only takes *one* key to activate it, and then it will only respond to keys from 0 to 9 so, there's simply nothing we can do about it.

Ok, I understand. I guess it is not possible to program these functions in that way to be called without FSX menu.

It was intentionally made like this, in order not to "steal" more than 1 key from FSX. AND, since the whole product is designed around this concept, it can't be easily changed.

I assume that placing ZurichX options to menu item number 7 in GSX submenu is also out of the question?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 10:56:43 am »
I assume that placing ZurichX options to menu item number 7 in GSX submenu is also out of the question?

Exactly, because if someone doesn't have GSX installed, that menu wouldn't exists, because nobody created it so, it's the YouControl menu which is always available which is the main menu, and both the scenery YouControl and GSX are child of it.