Author Topic: Problems after installing GSX 1.3  (Read 2834 times)

civil714

Problems after installing GSX 1.3
« on: March 27, 2012, 01:27:25 am »
I installed the new GSX 1.3 and the installation went fine.  That night I flew from KDFW to KLAS with no problem what so ever.  After the plane deboarded, I shut-down my computer for the night.  Turned on flight simlutor the next morning and recieved this message.

Flight simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version: 2,8,1,1
Company: VIRTUALI s.a.s
File: bglmanx.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

If I go and play, I loose GSX totally and partial FSDreamteam airports.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Thank-you,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems after installing GSX 1.3
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 02:27:58 am »
Version: 2,8,1,1

This is not the current version of the Addon Manager: and it's probably older than the one that came with the initial GSX release.

The 1.3 installer contains a newer version, and that is downloaded when it starts so, it's really not possible ending with that old version using the 1.3 installer.

The only possible chance to get that version, is to run another installer coming from another product, with the internet connection off, so you got the version that was included in the installer at that time.

OR, you installed something older, and your antivirus or your firewall has blocked the download, so the old version included in that older installer was used instead, and if you end up with files mismatched from old and new versions together (this can only happen if the antivirus blocks the .dll but not the other non-executable files that are downloaded), FSX will likely crash.

So, it's really not possible to end up with that version by installing GSX 1.3 only.

Try to Reinstall it using all the suggestions about the antivirus.