Author Topic: Change All The Marshallers?  (Read 3271 times)

irish_luck

Change All The Marshallers?
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:37:06 am »
Hello first off I love tthe new editor for parking places as far as the distance of the marshaller, however it seems like the majority of default airports that I fly into have buildings too close to the parking spot, and I was wondering if there is a way to change all of the positions at once,
Thanks, Irish

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Change All The Marshallers?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 12:43:05 am »
It depends how your airport is made.

If the airport has proper FSX jetways, the marshaller is automatically placed closer, on the assumption that if there's a jetway, there's usually a building behind. If the airport has fake/static/non-standard jetway, the marshaller is placed in the best possible distance depending on your airplane eyepoint in the cockpit, so you have to customize it.

You might be able to speed up the process by editing your xxxx.INI file ( xxxx stands for the ICAO of the airport ) in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder, which is the file the customization option creates, it should be fairly easy to figure out the format (it's a plain .ini file) and just copy&paste many parkings.

irish_luck

Re: Change All The Marshallers?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:52:48 am »
Thanks for clearing that up, It does seem that most of the instances of this pronlem are when I've been assigned default gates without jetways, so I'll look into the editing thing later tonight

Thanks, Irish