Author Topic: Pushback problem - drunk driver ???  (Read 4729 times)

Pooch

Pushback problem - drunk driver ???
« on: February 17, 2012, 12:21:38 pm »
I have noticed this anomaly at Orbx YMML gate B23 during pushback to left of a stock CR7:

push is not straight but a wavy line, after 1 minute pushbacktruck flips 360° around nosewheel (pic 1 and 2), than his fellow worker runs into the truck (pic 3), towards end of push the truck more than 90° aside aircraft. These guys had obviously too many six-packs ! ::)

Umberto, any idea what can cause this unusual pushback ? I have already checked for possible dublicate afcad but there is only 1 stock and 1 Orbx.

Thanks, Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback problem - drunk driver ???
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 12:58:25 pm »
Umberto, any idea what can cause this unusual pushback ? I have already checked for possible dublicate afcad but there is only 1 stock and 1 Orbx.

Its usually the last node in the AFCAD before the parking which is too close to it, the algorithm has a threshold to filter them, but some AFCADs might be outside of it and create that issue. We'll look into it.

GrizzW

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 05:48:20 pm »
Yes, I'm having the same problem as well.  Tug pulls a 360 and finally gets me to the taxiway.  None the worse for wear but it's a little confusing.  Think a complete uninstall and reinstall would be called for?

Happens to me at KSEA, Gate N1 every time.

Kind Regards
Grizz Wallace
KSEA
M. E. "Grizz" Wallace.  Simmin' since Commodore 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 06:17:03 pm »
Why you always want to reinstall whenever something unusual happen ? The whole point of having a Live Update feature is that you don't have to reinstall.

In any case, see my previous explanation: it's possible the handling of such special cases might not always work correctly. Is you KSEA N1 example happening with default with default AFCAD ? If not, which scenery/AFCAD is ?

GrizzW

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 07:39:43 pm »
Okay, understand about the re-install.  Just trying to figure it all out.   If I don't wait until the auto notice and use the updater in the FSDT directory, will I still get everything downloaded correctly?

It is with the default scenery.  Will check out other airports today.  Strictly default scenery. 

Thanks and Kind Regards
Grizz

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:09:02 pm »
If I don't wait until the auto notice and use the updater in the FSDT directory, will I still get everything downloaded correctly?

Yes, but you can also just open the Couatl menu and select "Check for Live update" and install from there, there's also an option to reinstall the latest update even if it's already installed, and that doesn't require to restart FSX.

GrizzW

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 12:08:46 am »
Thanks for your reply.  GSX is so great that one only wants more and more   :D

Kind Regards
GrizzW