Author Topic: Transparent Main Window  (Read 2885 times)

Selkan

Transparent Main Window
« on: February 17, 2012, 06:39:30 pm »
This ones going to sound a little strange I know, and may not be of interest to many.  The Main Option Window I refer to is when you press Ctrl+shift+F12 (or what ever you may have assigned).  Just to say I would like to see the following, if it were possible.  Some years ago I started to build my own 737-800 cockpit; wont go into great detail here, but it is life size internally, and uses three projectors on a wrap around screen (picture 19'6" X 5'6")  This means I am 'emersed' in the scene, and can't see the edges of the screen.  I have a small illumiated key board set into my overhead panel, and after setting up my flight, and pressing 'fly now', don't need to touch my mouse again during whole of flight, and only using flight sim. switches etc to carry out all tasks.

To the point; I have to say that I really like GSX, and feel it has added a great deal to the realism I am constantly trying to achieve.  The one thing that slightly lets it down for me is the opening Window, as I now must move it to one side, and normally resize it.  As we all know there are 6 options presently available on the options menu, and would be very easy to remember, or simply have a written menu on my clip board with my charts etc.  So, the idea I have is, could the initial opening menu (and thereafter when called for) be transparent for anyone like me who wishes to set it accordingly?

It would be easy then to just press 'Assigned key' for transparent menu, then press 1-6 as required.  All GSX services would then 'do there thing' but without the menu.  I appreciate that for the push-back menu i.e. left or right, south or west etc, this would not be possible, and a menu would still need to come up.

Also after landing, one would need to see the menu for which Gate etc to choose, so it is just the opening screen I refer to.

Just a thought?