Author Topic: Feature requests for small GA aircraft  (Read 2719 times)

davidv

Feature requests for small GA aircraft
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:46:28 am »
Now that I've sorted out a few issues (mostly due to my own errors) I'm really enjoying GSX. It adds so much to any flight that there's actually activity at the airport now even if mine is the only aircraft. I heard you may be looking to add more features including some for small GA light aircraft, I just wanted to suggest a few, though even now GSX does add a lot to those flights.

First is it possible in small aircraft to have the baggage carrier carry the bags and "throw them in" the aircraft through the passenger door or cargo door? (Not sure how different it is to program that such as a PC-12 has a cargo door while on a 172 you can just throw it in the passenger door but I assume it's similar logic to how the airliner doors work with GSX). The bags just disappear after going through the door into the plane. It would be really cool and would add a bit more than the bag cart just parking there for a minute.

For the smallest aircraft for pushback you could add a person holding a tow bar that connects to the nose wheel as you do with a 172 and they physically push the plane back. You could set aircraft below a certain weight to use the towbar instead of a pushback vehicle. (And in this case be sure to keep engine start until after fully pushed back :P)

Another would be passengers getting out of the van and walking into the plane (obviously a bit more complicated but would be very cool).

Also, and this could go for planes both big and small, is it possible to select at the start if the flight is a passenger flight or cargo flight? Additional cargo only animations could be added for small planes and large aircraft (boxes for a 172, cargo crates for a 727 etc.).

Love the addon as it is, just a few ideas I think could make it better. Thanks for making this addon!

Orion

Re: Feature requests for small GA aircraft
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:44:52 am »
I think the hand-held towbar would be cool. ;D