Author Topic: How to uninstall GSX...  (Read 25393 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to uninstall GSX...
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 11:41:34 am »
i have testet with the pmdg777 and must  say i was out of memory after a while with gsx

That's NOT obviously caused by GSX! The obvious reply should be: load a less memory-hungry airplane, and see if you still have an out of memory "with GSX".

What makes you think it WAS GSX to begin with ? Just because you have it installed ? You have MANY other things installed at the same time, when you are in a specific place, with a specific plane, and EACH ONE consume some memory, and you have 4GB as the absolute maximum limit, because FSX is a 32 bit application so, this can't simply be changed.

- The airplane you are flying takes quite a bit of memory. In your case, being the PMDG 777, it's very likely the one thing which takes most of your RAM.

- The scenery you are using takes memory too.

- Your SETTINGS affects how much memory is taken

- The AI and their number take memory too.

Of ALL things you are running, GSX is probably the one that takes LESS memory of ALL. Why ? Because it's entire program runs EXTERNALLY to FSX, in the Couatl.exe program that, being a separate .EXE file, does NOT share the 4GB with FSX, it can potentially use up to 4GB for itself, without taking away any memory from FSX.

The only things created by GSX that takes a bit of memory are its ground objects. They are fairly similar to AI airplanes. How many AI airplanes you have loaded at any given time ? On a large airport, you might have 100 or more, and having 200 AIs it not unheard of, on busy airports with real world schedules.

How many GSX ground vehicles you have loaded at any given time ? Not more than 10, even they are all visible at the same time so, all the GSX memory impact is likely less than 1/10th of your AIs, and you are worried about GSX "causing OOM" ???

oh for all they want come now with automaticcore.dll thanks i know it and have it in use.

That's also a very well known FSX bug which happens when using its menus lots of times, and of course it doesn't have anything to do with GSX either, it has been known for years, and if you search around, you'll find thousands of reports about that bug, dating YEARS before GSX was even released.

SiedlerP

Re: How to uninstall GSX...
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 12:05:02 pm »
thanks for explaination, to answer your question i have no ai traffic activated then i fly most time online via ivao. i want this time translate slow your text and i check it again with a blackbox airbus,thanks for your informations and have a nice day.