Author Topic: FSX goes "black screen"  (Read 5386 times)

johnny_gitara

FSX goes "black screen"
« on: February 10, 2012, 08:41:03 am »
For the past few days I've been experiencing black screen in FSX. I have to say that it started happening after i installed GSX. Pictures are here to show what happens, if it happens in flight i hear sound and can switch between views but the only thing I can do is exit FSX. Any ideas?
Thx,

ps pictures are not mine, taken from http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=170788

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX goes "black screen"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:56:56 pm »
A black screen on the Create Flight screen can't be possibly related to GSX in any way, since GSX doesn't to anything until you call it with CTRL+F12, and on an airport.

And, it doesn't change your FSX graphic settings, which is the only thing that might be related to a black screen on the Create Flight page.

So no, your problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, fact you noticed after installing it was probably just a coincidence. Try to reset your video drivers to default settings, or try to reset the FSX.CFG located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX (which GSX doesn't modify anyway) to its default settings, by moving it to a different folder and let FSX rebuild a new one from scratch.