Author Topic: Follow Me Vehicle and Stairs  (Read 2903 times)

Jetsetter

Follow Me Vehicle and Stairs
« on: May 25, 2013, 11:56:33 am »

Does the follow me vehicle also take you to the departure runway on request or is it just for taking you to the gate or parking after landing.

On the default 737 in FSX, stairs are only available at the rear of the aircraft even though I have to open the front doors as they are linked with the rear doors. Can the doors be configured to have either two sets of stairs (front and rear) or just front or rear with the other door closed. Hope that makes sense.

Windows 7 Home 64bit - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX Gold - GSX - FS Cabin Crew -ASN SP3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Follow Me Vehicle and Stairs
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 07:38:07 pm »
Does the follow me vehicle also take you to the departure runway on request or is it just for taking you to the gate or parking after landing.

As discussed many times already on the forum, the Follow Me is available only to guide to a parking on arrival, not to a runway on departure. It might be eventually added as an additional feature in a future upgrade/version.

On the default 737 in FSX, stairs are only available at the rear of the aircraft even though I have to open the front doors as they are linked with the rear doors

Stairs on the default 737 are surely available on all doors, but only at a parking without a jetway. If the parking has a jetway, you will see only the rear stairs.

And of course, you can also configure this, by customizing the scenery with the included scenery customization feature, that allows you to specify if a parking position should use rear stairs or not.

Jetsetter

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 08:27:42 pm »
Thanks.

I was parked at the gate at Munich, no jetway, and was only provided with stairs to the rear doors.
Windows 7 Home 64bit - 128GB Crucial M4 SSD - 2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler 16GB DDR3 2133Mhz Patriot Viper V3 Red Performance/Gaming RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX Gold - GSX - FS Cabin Crew -ASN SP3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 08:37:17 pm »
I was parked at the gate at Munich, no jetway, and was only provided with stairs to the rear doors.

Regardless if you SEE a jetway or not, the parking is still considered to have a jetway, which is why GSX only displayed rear stairs. Most jetways, especially on default sceneries, only appear at the highest Scenery Complexity settings, that's why you probably believed the parking didn't had a jetway, but in fact it had.

And of course, this CAN be customized too, with the GSX parking customization editor (the "Parking has a jetway" option). The value already present is what GSX has detected from the scenery AFCAD, but you can override it, for the following reasons:

- Turning the "Parking has a jetway" ON when GSX detected it to be OFF, can be useful if you have a 3rd party scenery with fake static jetways that can't be detected from the AFCAD, so GSX will correctly turn off front stairs in that case.

- Turning the "Parking has a jetway" OFF when GSX detected it to be ON, can be useful if you want to use a parking that has a jetway which only displays at higher Scenery Complexity settings and, if you don't want to raise your Scenery Complexity setting for any reason (for example, low fps), GSX can treat that parking as being in the open, so it will display front stairs and a Passenger Bus.