Author Topic: No building after install Honolulu  (Read 4711 times)

christiaan

No building after install Honolulu
« on: November 26, 2011, 06:31:05 pm »
My excuses if this question has been answered before.

Installed Honolulu today, in FS9 no problem but in FSX everything has gone at KORD, checked KFLL which workes fine.

Only the AES gates are still there.

When FSX started after the install of Honlolulu I was asked if I accepted Coulti, Blgman trust,etc., to which I said yes.

There was also a message that KORD was outdated.

How do I get the older KORD back or am I forced to accept the new update.

The reason I have not downloaded the new airport is that I expected further upgrades.

Is running the Stand Alone sufficient, and why is FS9 working fine, I presume that the up-grade is for both FS9 & FSX.

If I do up-date do I need to re-register the airport via the FS. Sims Addon programme.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No building after install Honolulu
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 08:14:44 pm »
There was also a message that KORD was outdated. How do I get the older KORD back or am I forced to accept the new update. The reason I have not downloaded the new airport is that I expected further upgrades.

If the Addon Manager says KORD is outdated, then it's outdated and, obviously, doing the opposite of what the message says and trying to use an older version will surely not fix the problem.

I'm sorry, but the KORD update is basically mandatory, whenever a major upgrade like that one is released, we need to be sure that all users are updated, we can't support a 3 years old scenery after we released a free upgrade to it.

The next updates will not appear soon, and will likely be payware so, I strongly suggest to get the KORD update.

christiaan

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 09:58:10 pm »
Thanks for your quick reply.

Correct me if I am wrong,

I remove  KORD FS9 & FSX via Addon/Remove programme.

Install the new updates, is my registration key needed?

Do I need to uninstall the Addon Manager if prompted, and do I need to un-install any other FSDT files for FS9 or FSX if prompted.

Or can I tick "no",  and do I still need to install the latest stand alone manager when the airports are installed.

Or does Version 2 automatically change everything.

Will all my other FSDT airports be affected, and why is my FS9 KORD still showing and FSX not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 10:46:04 pm »
I remove  KORD FS9 & FSX via Addon/Remove programme.

The KORD V2 installer will tell you to this so, simply follow what it says.

Install the new updates, is my registration key needed?

As explained many time on the forum, uninstalling/reinstalling will never, ever, affect the registration. Only changing major hardware components or reinstalling Windows from scratch will. Even a complete FSX reinstall will not affect registration, as long as you don't change hardware or reinstall Windows at the same time.

Do I need to uninstall the Addon Manager if prompted, and do I need to un-install any other FSDT files for FS9 or FSX if prompted.

You have to uninstall the Addon Manager only if you don't want to use any FSDT scenery anymore, or for troubleshooting reasons, not normally.

You have to uninstall/reinstall another FSDT scenery only in case you see the "outdated scenery" message. In that case, you have to install it using the current installer, not an old one you already had.

Will all my other FSDT airports be affected, and why is my FS9 KORD still showing and FSX not.

Because you are using an old version of KORD in FSX and haven't followed the message that told you to update.

christiaan

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 12:47:57 pm »
Thanks Virtuali,

FSX up-date installation went perfect, like especially  the new winter features.

One question from my previous message

"why is my FS9 KORD still showing and FSX not"

Your Answer
Because you are using an old version of KORD in FSX and haven't followed the message that told you to update.

As it is still showing in FS9 does this mean I do not need the up-date?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 07:05:16 pm »
As it is still showing in FS9 does this mean I do not need the up-date?

FSX and FS9 are entirely unrelated.

KORD for FS9 doesn't have an update notification set up like the FSX version, but that doesn't mean you don't need the update. Of course, only if you know you are on version 1.x, which can be checked on the Windows Control Panel under the "Add/Remove programs" option, all the FSDT installed sceneries will be listed with their version numbers.