Author Topic: Bglmanx.dll problem  (Read 3769 times)

Hoser13

Bglmanx.dll problem
« on: November 01, 2011, 11:07:46 pm »
Hi All,yes I had the dll problem and tried all the methods on the web but could not get the program to start properly.
        I am not a computer geek and dont know alot about flight sims  so please bear with me
        First I checked out the virus connection but could not find anything that could cause this kind situation.
        Then I opened my firewall settings and gave permissions for fsx and qualitywings programs.
        I started my windows task manager and checked all the programs that where running.
        Then I started fsx and immediately noticed a new entry had started named couatl.exe.
        The qualitywings program runs fine now.
                                                                                         Hope this helps,
                                                                                         Regards,
                                                                                         Hoser13...Peter.
Win7 Ultimate 64
AMD 3.4
nvidia 900gt 1g
4g Ram

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bglmanx.dll problem
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:28:43 am »
Please clarify what do you mean with "could not get the program to start properly." - Are you getting error messages ? Which ones ?

Hoser13

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 08:09:54 pm »
Hi Umberto,please bear with me as I have minimal computer skills.At first I got the usual Bglmanx.dll warning from fsx about running the file and crashing to desktop.After about 7hrs of searching I found what I thought could be the answer to this problem on the web,about it being associated with my virus protection.I tried all the different solutions but the fault still kept accuring.After about another 2 days of effort I decided to check my firewall settings.As I dont play multiplayer in fsx I had not bothered to give fsx any method of accessing the internet.I gave permmissions for fsx and qualtywings to have access to the internet and noticed straight away in my task manager a new entry for couatl.exe.Then I went back and checked my virus protection program and was pleasantly surprised to see it had given exceptions to the following programs fsx qualitywings,Vistamare,Justflight,Fsdreamteam  on its own.???
          I am using the free version of Avast so I can only stop my virus program scanning folders not individual files as requested which makes things alittle more difficult.
          But all this occured because I gave firewall permissions for FSX and Qualitywings.
                                                                                               Regards,
                                                                                               Hopser13...Peter.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:38:09 pm »
So, is all working now ?

Hoser13

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 08:12:33 pm »
Hi Umberto,yes everything seems to be working fine now,but what about people who dont have internet access.If this problem is associated with firewall settings allowing that couatl.exe file to run,how do they get arround the same problem.??
                                                                                                          Regards,
                                                                                                          Hoser13....Peter.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 09:07:55 pm »
If this problem is associated with firewall settings allowing that couatl.exe file to run,how do they get arround the same problem.??

Internet access is required only to get the current version of the file bglmanx.dll, because that one is always downloaded from the internet when any installer starts, but is also included in the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer so, that will always get the current version, even without online access.