Author Topic: Apron Markings at TBIT Terminal  (Read 4199 times)

Angelo

Apron Markings at TBIT Terminal
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:34:56 am »
Why is it that at the heavy gates the apron has the yellow caution markings painted where the aircraft parks and the engines would be overhanging them? See the circled ares in the photos, the reason I ask is because they seem not be useful at the heavy gates where aircraft wingspan is significantly larger then the warning areas outline, also they are not marked in the real world, although this may be a dated photo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Apron Markings at TBIT Terminal
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 01:39:53 am »
I'm not sure I understood you question, are you asking why are like that in real world, or in the scenery ?

And yes, that's an old picture, there's nothing related to the new TBIT so, ground markings are changed. We'll of course revise them in the scenery when the new terminal will be operational, because ground charts haven't been published yet, so numbers will likely change.

Angelo

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 02:48:22 am »
Yes I am talking about the scenery, I find it a little odd, or out of place rather for the yellow markings meant for small to medium size aircraft at the TBIT heavy gates. You can see in the dated photo they do not have those as the aircraft that park there are to large for that to be needed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 10:49:14 am »
Since the TBIT is still not done yet, everything related to ground markings and parkings stands is provisional. As I've said, we'll revise the scenery as soon as the official charts will be published.