Author Topic: amazing framerates!  (Read 6598 times)

smokeyupahead

amazing framerates!
« on: October 03, 2011, 09:25:50 am »
Hi I just installed the demo and loaded it up with the Carenado T210M and 100% ai traffic with all other goodies such as Rex and Enb series and I'm getting 40 frames/sec.
Out of all my scenery you guys have managed to squeeze in the most frames/sec for such a complex scenery addon.

Cheers,
David DD

DMA-GA790FX, PHENOM 965BE @ 4.0GHZ (cooling by Noctua NH-C14), ATI 6870, 6GIGS DDR2, W764BIT, FSX DELUXE (bojote's cfg. fix, uiautomationcore fix).
TRACKIR and EZDOK, REX2, ORBX, PMDG, CARENADO, FSDREAMTEAM, FLYTAMPA AND SHADE INSTEAD OF ENB SERIES (that fixed once and for all the directx crahes).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: amazing framerates!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 01:49:08 pm »
KLAX clearly demonstrates that FSX *can* be used to great satisfaction, and with lots of traffic too, at a large airports.

smokeyupahead

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 03:56:33 pm »
KLAX clearly demonstrates that FSX *can* be used to great satisfaction, and with lots of traffic too, at a large airports.

...and may I add without any graphic compromise at all!

I just pruchased the scenery by  the way, 100% satisfied! Tonight I'm taking the Bonanza out for a spin from Vegas to L.A.

I'll post a video when done...

Cheers,
David DD
DMA-GA790FX, PHENOM 965BE @ 4.0GHZ (cooling by Noctua NH-C14), ATI 6870, 6GIGS DDR2, W764BIT, FSX DELUXE (bojote's cfg. fix, uiautomationcore fix).
TRACKIR and EZDOK, REX2, ORBX, PMDG, CARENADO, FSDREAMTEAM, FLYTAMPA AND SHADE INSTEAD OF ENB SERIES (that fixed once and for all the directx crahes).

johndrago

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 08:22:18 pm »
I just took a night flight from LAX to SFO in the NGX.  Wow, not only great framerates, but just stunning.  FSDT did another excellent job!

- John

t4murphy

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 07:02:44 am »
I notice that most FSDT sceneries run better than the stock ones especially at the major hubs. If you add on to those airports with ADE the frames are far worse than the complex FSDT airports. They are AWESOME ;D. THe Imagine Sim sceneries are the worst IMO.

Thralni

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 08:27:50 pm »
May I add my enthusiasm? I was rather skeptical when I bought KLAX, for pretty much all FSDT airports I have perform, not that good at all. KLAX, however, performs outstandingly, given the detail and size of the airport. I think it's pretty much the bbest scenery purchase I may have made this year.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 09:10:17 pm »
was rather skeptical when I bought KLAX, for pretty much all FSDT airports I have perform, not that good at all. KLAX, however, performs outstandingly, given the detail and size of the airport.

Even if KLAX performs better in relative terms *considering* its size and complexity, it should run fairly similar to our previous sceneries in absolute number ( =fps ), maybe only JFK could be slightly worse, but not of course because of it, rather the fact it lies in an area that's already very slow on its own.

But it might depend on your system: if you have a very strong CPU/RAM combination and an average video card, I guess that older sceneries like JFK or KORD should run similar to KLAX, but on a powerful video card, KLAX and KDFW will shine, because they make heavy usage of FSX materials with Shaders, so they rely much more on the video card, and don't contain any FS8 legacy code, which is instead more heavy on the CPU.

On such system, KDFW should perform good too, always keeping in mind the relative sizes: since KDFW is even larger than KLAX.

Thralni

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 08:16:08 pm »
What I noticed is that overall, KLAX is the best performer, but it's no secret that the performance also depends on the area in which the airport lies. KFLL performs as good as KLAX, for example, even though it's a way smaller airport. However, all of southern florida, especially the Miami region, performs rather badly on my machine compared to other parts of the US. As for KDFW, it's not that great, performance-wise. It's less good than KLAX, but you say it's an even bigger airport than KLAX, so I suppose that's the reason. KJFK and KORD perform badly, but that's not so much because of KJFK and KORD themselves, rather the terrain around it. I have "pimped" NYC and Chicago to a degree that the sim isn't that happy any more, although the biggest problem seems to be UTX with all the extra roads and traffic on them. The performance drop at KJFK only started after installing UTX USA. Must say that PHNL does perform very well, also together with MegaScenery Hawaii.