Author Topic: Slow FPS at KORD  (Read 5607 times)

Jolun

Slow FPS at KORD
« on: August 09, 2011, 10:14:37 pm »
Hi,

I get very low FPS at KORD. At the runway it is around 6 - 8 and at jetways 5- 7. I have just upgrade my video card from 9800GTX+ (512 MB) to GTX570 (1280MB). I have been changeing the sliders at Scenery setting screen (in FSX, see attached file) from low to quit high settings. But there is no significant change in FPS (some tenths up en down).

The rest of the system is an i7 930 OC 3,39 GHz, 6 GB of memmory (Corsair Dominator DHX+ DDR3) and the MB i ASUS P6X58D-E.

I din't test the system before I changed the video card. But what I can recall from my memory is that I had farliy good FPS half a year ago (havn't used since then).  I have KORD 2.0.

I have tested with PMDG 737NGX and LDS 767. The result is the nerly the same for both. The rest of my Fsdt secneries gives me twise the frame rate.

Is there any any particulare setting to watch for?

/Jonas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Slow FPS at KORD
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 10:31:23 pm »
This is very strange, since KORD is one of the easiest on fps of all our sceneries, and it also doesn't use unusual programming techniques or advanced graphic features which might be affected by problems with graphic card, as KDFW for example, which requires solid drivers with no bugs, due to the heavy shaders usage.

I'd start visiting this site first:

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

It's an FSX tuner that will create an FSX.CFG optimized for you system, see if it makes any difference.

Jolun

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 10:46:16 pm »
If I understod the tweker correctly it did change my CFG file? If it did there was no chamge in performance. I have also used the NVIDA Inspector to tweek the graphic card. I used a setting sugested by PMDG (before I discovered the problem with KORD).

/Jonas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:24:39 pm »
If I understod the tweker correctly it did change my CFG file? If it did there was no chamge in performance.

You should at least noticed a change on your actual *settings*, at least those that you can tweak with FSX normally. If you don't see any change, it's possible you are still using your original FSX.CFG ? It's unlikely that site would propose you *exactly* the same settings you already had.

I have also used the NVIDA Inspector to tweek the graphic card. I used a setting sugested by PMDG (before I discovered the problem with KORD).

Try to reset your video driver with all default settings, and see if it changes anything.

Jolun

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 09:57:37 am »
Hi,

Thanx for the support. I got dobbled FPS now. What did I do? Deleted my fsx.cfg file and let FSX rebuild it. First I deleted the one in FSX folder, but FSX does not ues that one. I found the real one in /user/appdata/roaming/FSX. So my tweek with the link in the post above was done with the wrong fsx.cfg file.

/Jonas