Author Topic: fsx kffl scenery ai problem  (Read 8002 times)

joe97

fsx kffl scenery ai problem
« on: April 03, 2011, 12:50:51 am »
hello i have a problem with mi ai aircraft at ft lauderdale every plane that is on the ground at ft lauderdale are invisable and i know there there because when i go to air traffic view there invisble  can anyone help i have world of ai traffic.

joe97

Re: fsx kffl scenery ai problem
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 01:26:23 am »
now when i go to ai traffic view it shows default scenery and the ai plane for kfll but im am in view for my plane when i am on the taxiway and a plane is going by its invisble

theshack440

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:32:13 am »
Try unchecking display aircraft shadows on ground in the settings menu. That has worked for some people before.

Good luck,

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

joe97

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 04:28:52 pm »
thanks so much theshack440 you have made the day

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 04:32:36 pm »
That's a known problem in FSX: if you don't use FSX native airplane models for AI, but instead they are using models in the FS9 format, other than being more fps heavy, they disappear over all airports using custom runway textures, unless you turn off Aircraft Shadows.

If you use AI models in the FSX native format, like those coming with Ultimate Traffic 2 or My Traffic X, there's no need to turn off Aicraft Shadows.

theshack440

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 04:54:08 pm »
thanks so much theshack440 you have made the day

Glad I could help :)
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Clutch Cargo

• MileHigh Productions
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 07:22:17 am »
I just recently purchased KFLL a ways back and finally installed it.  I too am experiencing the "ghost" AI as I use World-of-AI aircraft.  All I see are the wing lights.  At first I thought I was seeing UFO orbs or something, ha!  BUT I see them just fine with your KLAS, and KDFW airports.  I have others of yours but I haven't tried them yet.

So why do they work fine with your custom runways, taxiways and tarmacs, but just not with KFLL?  Baffled!  ???

thx,

Clutch
Clutch Cargo
"Long Live the Tak"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 10:22:48 am »
So why do they work fine with your custom runways, taxiways and tarmacs, but just not with KFLL? 

There are several ways of making custom runways. KLAS is not fully customs, only parts of it are. And KDFW it's entirely a league on its own, since it doesn't have any bit of FS9 code inside.

However, the real problem is caused by using FS9 AI models in FSX and THIS is a big no-no. AI it's the thing that impact fps the most in FSX, so is the use of FS9 code, which means when the two combines (AI using FS9 code), there's no better way to slow down FSX...

Unfortunately, a very popular and free package (WoAI) is still using FS9 models, and only commercial packages use FSX native models (UT2 and MyTraffic 2010), but if you have to upgrade your system to reclaim fps that was lost using a free addon, there it goes your savings...sometimes using free addons has an hidden cost which is difficult to estimate.

Flight1's UT2 features 100% FSX native models, and each one of them is impressively modeled with 8-9 LOD levels each, plus the software has interesting optimization features to allow for a busy airport without having too many AI around, it's a very well done product and it's what we recommend to use in FSX.