Author Topic: Dust Cloud  (Read 22232 times)

Johan

Re: Dust Cloud
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 09:42:53 pm »
Hi jimi, here is a small package with instructions how to install the effect. I put it here, so that if someone else can add something to it, improve the xml or the effect itself, that will be nice.

I didn't get back to you earlier because I couldn't get the effect to show up when replaying or with FSRecorder. And I don't like putting stuff that is not 100% ready to use.

J.R.

This is really good. I downloaded it and will install it tonight. My smoke system is already at smoke.9 (thanks to Sludge's great added effects), so can I increase to smoke.10 and more ?
Thanks again for this great effect.

Johan

neutrino

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2011, 09:56:52 pm »
Hi jimi, here is a small package with instructions how to install the effect. I put it here, so that if someone else can add something to it, improve the xml or the effect itself, that will be nice.

I didn't get back to you earlier because I couldn't get the effect to show up when replaying or with FSRecorder. And I don't like putting stuff that is not 100% ready to use.

J.R.

This is really good. I downloaded it and will install it tonight. My smoke system is already at smoke.9 (thanks to Sludge's great added effects), so can I increase to smoke.10 and more ?
Thanks again for this great effect.

Johan

Yep, if your last effect is smoke.9 then you should put the dust effect as:
smoke.10 = 0.00, 0.00, 0.00, fx_rtr_lnd

and then reflect this in the xml part as:
<Macro Name="Dust_Effect_Number">10</Macro>

Johan

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 11:22:17 pm »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks JR, I will definitely implement it.

Johan

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 02:45:59 am »
Works very nicely :)  Thanks again.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Johan

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 05:46:08 am »

[/quote]

[/quote]

JR,

I have a novice question here:
I extracted and edited FA18_HUD_VC_R.xml from the FA18_HUD_VC_R cabinet file folder to incorporate your edits for the dust effect. I re-saved it as an .xml file but it won't allow me to copy it back in the cabinet file...Is the FA18_HUD_VC_R cabinet file protected? Please let me know if there is a special procedure for dummies   :)
Thanks,

Johan

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 06:02:44 am »
Fellas...

Havent downloaded or tried JRs effect, but it sounds like its does the trick?  Ill keep on my current task and keep working on the low-level water/ground "rooster tails".

Speaking of which... JR, does your effect have a limit for not occurring over water?  If so, can you tell me what you did for that, so I implement that for the "rooster tails" .XML?  Thanks.

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 06:10:26 am »
Johan, assuming you've extracted all the contents of the CAB into a folder of the same name, you can just save the file and leave it in that folder.  Just be sure to also rename, move or change the extension of the original CAB file, to make sure FSX doesn't read from it instead of the folder.

Edit: Sludge: Doesn't look like it (regarding your second question).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:13:48 am by Orion »

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 07:53:45 am »
Orion...

I take you've installed and flew over water and got the effect?  Actually, this may just have to be an FSX-Blue Angels only effect?  And separate effects, one for land, one for water... for different shows that highlight the different VERY LOW-LEVEL, HI-G PULL.  The SeaFair or SanFran show, where there is a high G pull with waterblast... and the many land shows with the already-done "land blast".

Hopefully, there is an .XML variable that we can use for "over land" or "over water"... IF NOT, that will kill my "rooster tails" idea.

Here's what I mean, when I think about the Blue Angels Hi-G Pull "water blast".

Later
Sludge

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 08:45:14 am »
Magic Blues - thanks for video link.  ;D
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 09:00:01 am »
Sludge,
there IS a variable (A:SURFACE TYPE, enum) with 25 differnt types of surface  8)
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 09:14:58 am »
Serge...

Suu-weet!!  That means I can continue work on this, and we can make it a part of the Sludge/Combat Integrated v1.3 release.  In the meantime, IF JR hasnt already incorporated or used this, he can do that, and the FSX Blues can have their ground and water blast.

Later
Sludge

neutrino

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 11:44:35 am »
Johan, assuming you've extracted all the contents of the CAB into a folder of the same name, you can just save the file and leave it in that folder.  Just be sure to also rename, move or change the extension of the original CAB file, to make sure FSX doesn't read from it instead of the folder.

Correct! Just extract everything from the CAB file into a folder with the same name as the cab, and then get rid of the original cab. You can then work with the files in the folder. Just make sure you don't accidentally make a folder within folder when extracting :)

Johan

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 05:42:12 pm »

Correct! Just extract everything from the CAB file into a folder with the same name as the cab, and then get rid of the original cab. You can then work with the files in the folder. Just make sure you don't accidentally make a folder within folder when extracting :)
[/quote]

Orion, JR, thanks, I will follow the process. I was concerned with consequences in modifying the integrity of the cab file :)
Have a great day,

Johan

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 08:44:47 pm »
Took me a while to find it, but the Deluxe and Gold versions also come with a .CAB compiler as part of the SDK.  Simply put the converter on your desktop and drag the folder over the icon and it converts it.  Might help if you are concerned with file integrity...

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Johan

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 10:08:41 pm »
Took me a while to find it, but the Deluxe and Gold versions also come with a .CAB compiler as part of the SDK.  Simply put the converter on your desktop and drag the folder over the icon and it converts it.  Might help if you are concerned with file integrity...

Thanks Jimi, I'll try that too.

Johan