Author Topic: Textures...  (Read 6659 times)

Phoenix716

Textures...
« on: November 25, 2010, 04:45:29 am »
Hey could I get some help? I have problems with some of my Sludge Hornet textures being completely black. Could I get help fixing that? I already had many textures in my default f-18 so I thing that may have done it. Also, I need help installing my current textures onto the Sludge Hornet as well as putting other textures in from sites such as "The Hornet's Nest." Thanks in advance.
-Phoenix

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: Textures...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 03:58:04 pm »
Phoenix,
Black textures mean that FSX couldn't find those specific textures. I'd suggest you first to read this http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Texture.cfg_%28FSX%29 and then to check your certain repaints' texture.cfg files.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 05:18:15 pm »
FSNP,

Though the problem is not stated very clearly, but I think the problem that Phoenix is facing is to do with 'internal cockpit textures' and not the external textures.

I had exactly the same problem when I had tried to put in additional textures on Sludge hornet. The solution to the same had also come from Sludge.

It was due to the 'fall back' settings.
In my case, the problem was solved, after I manually rewrote all the texture entries in the cfg file.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 05:20:47 pm by Mickey_Techy »

Tregarth

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 05:00:29 pm »
Phoenix,

I think I had the same problem as yourself because I unzipped the files to the wrong folder.  have a look at my description of how I managed to rectify my mistake here

Re: Idea for a "trainer-mission"
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2010, 05:26:10 PM »

I hope this helps, the "Red Flash" Hornet is very impressive.

Good luck,

Tregarth

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 07:48:35 am »
Phoenix...

Still having difficulties?  If so.  Please detail step by step what happened?  Meaning... before you installed Sludge v1.2, your default Hornet was fine and all the textures were there?  Then, after you installed the v1.2, specifically what textures would not show and under what circumstances?  Also, what OS?

Later
Sludge

Phoenix716

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 01:22:47 am »
Sorry been away from the computer a while. I mean the external textures, and I'm still not sure how to fix it.

Phoenix716

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 01:29:04 am »
I have Windows Vista and the textures that are not working are just the ones that alias to the default hornet textures. I have different textures than the default hornet, so I was hoping to manually install the required textures for the Sludge to work.  I can skype someone if I need to get additional info or someone can ask a more specific question if you need more information.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 03:14:20 am »
Phoenix...

Been really busy and will tonite as well, then finally get to see Tron Legacy at midnight.  Will make it a point to sit down this weekend (cold crappy weather, no golf) and look at your problem and a possible fix.  Along with trying to finally get the flares done right.

Later
Sludge

Phoenix716

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 07:17:18 am »
Very much appreciated man. I love your work, but I just wish I knew how to make my own improvements. If those textures worked and I knew how to insert my own textures and tweak a few things here and there on the .cfg, then this would be one of the few aircraft I regularly fly.  :) look forward you talking you you and getting this sorted out. Thanks again.
-Phoenix

Phoenix716

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 06:49:31 am »
Any news on how to fix this problem?

Phoenix716

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 11:45:56 pm »
Could anyone help me?

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 02:05:49 am »
Phoenix...

Im back from vacation.  Had some monitor problems of my own but will look at your probs.  Kinda perplexing but will give them a shot.

Later
Sludge

Phoenix716

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 10:21:30 pm »
When will you next be available to help me fix this texture problem? If you can let me know in advance, I can get on skype and try to figure it out fairly quickly.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 09:50:57 am »
Phoenix...

PMing you now about a meet time.

Later
Sludge