Author Topic: Every FSX startup: couatl.exe load Yes/No ? **SOLVED**  (Read 15856 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Every FSX startup: couatl.exe load Yes/No ?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 02:28:23 pm »
About GSX: the path was missing the drive letter and first folders. And again, i wrote it in german. Now, also couatl.exe is always trusted.

Nothing is missing. If there's no path given in the EXE.XML, FSX will assume the path to be the one from FSX is started so, there's no need to specify a full path for the Couatl.exe ( or any other .exe or .dll ), unless the .exe is located outside the FSX folder.

If the path was wrong, you wouldn't just being asked permission to run every time, but the executable couldn't be even started. So, the problem doesn't have anything to do with the FSX path "missing" from the line that invokes Couatl.exe, but something entirely specific to your own setup, likely a permission problem that shouldn't be set on a normal Windows installation.

If there was a problem with non-English version of Windows, it would haven been reported thousands of times by now, not just once in 2011 and today. Don't think this has anything to do with .NET, because neither FSX nor any of our product use or requires .NET.

You must have had some kind of very specific problem, which is incidentally fixed that way, but it's not normal and not normally required.

Bobby

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 10:31:44 pm »

I'm afraid we don't have a solution: this specific problem has never been reported by anyone else before so, it's clearly something new that is affecting the normal Trust mechanism in Windows, which is unique to your system.

Hi Umberto,

I realize it's poor form to hijack an old thread but, by doing so, you know I have already read, and tried, all the recommendations in this thread. Here is my screenshot of the same issue.

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/1793/9QYhKC.jpg

So that you know, I did a complete reformat and installation of Windows 7 Professional English version yesterday. I did this in preparation to install FSX-Steam version. I figured with a clean install, I should not have any rogue remnants of prior software to cause issues. The only thing on this machine is FSX-Steam version.

FSUIPC is current and I installed FSDT Honolulu and Los Angeles yesterday so I know I have your current installers.

I did as you recommended and removed the FSDT which does end in =1 from the fsx.cfg and let it rebuild. upon launching FSX, I did get the windows and fsx trust popups and replied yes to both, then replied yes to the Couati popup. I closed FSX, then restarted and got the same popup in the screenshot above.

I checked the registry, the value is as you recommend. I checked Internet options, all is as you recommend.

I'm not upset and, if you don't have a solution, that is fine. It's no problem to reply yes to the popup every time. I just registered and added to this thread so you can see it does happen.

btw....I love HNL and LAX. Works great on my system.

Thank you,
Bobby

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 10:58:40 pm »
I realize it's poor form to hijack an old thread but, by doing so, you know I have already read, and tried, all the recommendations in this thread. Here is my screenshot of the same issue.

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/1793/9QYhKC.jpg

So that you know, I did a complete reformat and installation of Windows 7 Professional English version yesterday. I did this in preparation to install FSX-Steam version. I figured with a clean install, I should not have any rogue remnants of prior software to cause issues. The only thing on this machine is FSX-Steam version.

This issue doesn't have anything to do with this thread, which was related to the trusting question. Yours it NOT a trusting question, is a request to load each module manually, which is entirely different.

This doesn't have anything to do with any of our software, or anything in this thread, it's just a setting in your EXE.XML file that have been changed.

This is how the EXE.XML normally looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Couatl</Name>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Be sure the highlighted lines are set to False. The EXE.XML is located at:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML  ( if you installed FSX Steam edition without having FSX already installed )

OR

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX-SE\EXE.XML  ( if you installed FSX Steam edition alongside FSX )

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:00:12 pm by virtuali »

Bobby

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 11:40:57 pm »
Sorry about the posting. The title of the thread seemed like my issue.

The xml looks a bit different that your example. I made sure all said "False" but issue persists.
Don't worry about it. I may reinstall FSX and the addons again or I may leave it be.

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/1540/u1y3Ht.jpg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 11:53:18 pm »
The xml looks a bit different that your example. I made sure all said "False" but issue persists.

From your screenshot, you are not looking at the actual EXE.XML, but the sample EXE.XML as it was BEFORE you installed the Addon Manager so, it's not being used by FSX.

You must edit and fix the EXE.XML file instead, not the "EXE_XML_before_addon_manager" file.

Don't worry about it. I may reinstall FSX and the addons again or I may leave it be.

Reinstalling FSX won't fix this, because the XML files will not be replaced. Only changing the XML file will.

Bobby

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 02:34:35 am »
Hi Umberto,

That did it. I don't know why I grabbed the wrong xml file, I know better.

Thank you for your prompt and excellent support. One good turn deserves another. I'm going to buy Hawaiian Airports 1 and Hawaiian Airports 2 as soon as I log off the forum. Thank you again.

Bobby

doudou

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 08:39:09 am »
"True > False" has solved my problem too. Thank you Umberto.