Author Topic: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released  (Read 245896 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« Reply #465 on: July 27, 2012, 12:31:07 am »
GOONIE...

On the Sludge, others have sent me PMs on exactly what you discussed regarding the TRIM. The TRIM and FUEL displays are here to stay. Now, the new separately BOXED ENG/FLAPS panel displays may get "merged" or set nearby "top of" or "next to" the TRIM/FUEL displays? This new display will have (p/each side): ENG N2 percent; ENG Afterburner status - flashing RED "AB"; Flaps AUTO/HALF/FULL. It will be smaller font, activates when gear down, probly located left of TRIM display (port side ENG display) and right of FUEL display (starboard ENG display). These are just starting ideas, can be changed or amended.

On the PA mode trim, we can take one of two routes. We can go with the trim "as-is" (letting pilot control trim with trim hat) and I can make an XML that will get you "ball park, 4.0 elev up" trim when the gear down/flaps full. Or we can go the FSXBA route, and with gear down/flaps full, the XML auto-trims to 8.0 (8.1 is optimum but FSX PIDs just dont like it, for whatever reason). Because we (Jimi and I) have found NO WORKAROUND to "disconnect" an LVar from the actual FSX TRIM, we cannot make an XML-based AoA trim and a "separated" UA regular-trim. The closest thing we can do is use the FSXBA 8.0 auto-trim and flash 8.1 on the right side of the HUD when the Hornet goes into PA mode parameters (gear down, flaps full), emulating the real world system.

Will keep in mind all the things you talked about with the Catshot stuff and the carrier/land takeoff trim settings.

Thanks for the feedback.
Later
Sludge

MikeB54

« Reply #466 on: August 04, 2012, 12:27:34 am »

It would be great to get Mike's son to try them both out and give feedback on feel of the FCS and handling qualities.

GOONIE

Chris has been out on the Nimitz participating in RIMPAC 2012.  I hadn't heard from him since June, until today.  He has been flying his pants off including dropping live ordinance and a lot of tanking.  As he put it, and I think we would all agree, "strapping into a hornet that's sitting on the flight deck of a carrier never gets old".  The next time he comes home to visit you can be sure that I will have him fly both birds and get his opinion.

I want to through out one other little tidbit for those who are looking for the most realistic immersion in the sim.  get yourself the biggest monitor you can afford!  I recently bought a 27 inch monitor and it's like you are sitting in the cockpit.  If you think about it, that's just about the width of the real cockpit.  A 30 inch monitor might be a little better. Throw in TrackIR and it doesn't get much better than that.  :)

Mike

GOONIE

« Reply #467 on: August 04, 2012, 05:11:24 am »
Great news Mike, we will look forward to the input. Really appreciate it!

Completely agree on the monitor. I use a dell 30 inch, with 2560x1600 resolution, better than 1080p, amazing clarity (clear ball).

-Goonie
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #468 on: August 06, 2012, 08:18:31 pm »
MikeB54...

Chris has been out on the Nimitz participating in RIMPAC 2012.  I hadn't heard from him since June, until today.  He has been flying his pants off including dropping live ordinance and a lot of tanking.  As he put it, and I think we would all agree, "strapping into a hornet that's sitting on the flight deck of a carrier never gets old".  The next time he comes home to visit you can be sure that I will have him fly both birds and get his opinion.
Yeah, thats a massive exercise, be good to hear of some good stories when he gets back. Too bad they dont let them film as much anymore, especially dropping ordnance. In 2010, I got to see the ships depart outta Pearl for the RIMPAC and wow, its impressive. Cant wait to hear what he has to say about the newest Hornet versions. I bet he will laugh at how much the sim influenced both FSXBA and Sludge Hornet.

I want to through out one other little tidbit for those who are looking for the most realistic immersion in the sim.  get yourself the biggest monitor you can afford!  I recently bought a 27 inch monitor and it's like you are sitting in the cockpit.  If you think about it, that's just about the width of the real cockpit.  A 30 inch monitor might be a little better. Throw in TrackIR and it doesn't get much better than that.  :)
I tell ya, if I had the bones, I'd throw down for that in a heartbeat. You are right tho, til you sit in the cockpit or simpit, you dont realize how small it really is... Still havent made the jump to TrackIR, but I will at some point and then complain to myself about why it took me soo long.

Later
Sludge

tommie0908

• Blue Angels 1982-1986
« Reply #469 on: August 08, 2012, 07:24:00 pm »
I am having a huge problem that I can't seem to fix. A few months back I accidentally deleted my Acceleration FA 18 folder and tried the repair function but no help. Needless to say I have no virtual cockpit for any of the Sludge FA18's. I searched online  with no help! I have also tries to uninstall and reinstall acceleration but it's very finicky and won't let me unistall it. I am very frustrated and if you or anyone can offer soome advice to fix my Sludge A/c, I would be very appreciative.
Thanks
Once A Blue Always A Blue

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #470 on: August 08, 2012, 08:45:10 pm »
Tommie,

You might want to opt for the "explore" option on your Acceleration Disc to few the contents of the disc.  You can do this by inserting the Acceleration DVD and skip/decline the auto-install/repair option.  Click on Start, then Computer, and find disc under the appropriate drive, which should be located under the "Devices and Removable Media" section. RIGHT CLICK on the icon and select "Explore" or "Open". From there, search for the Sim Objects/Airplanes/F18 folder, and drag and drop the whole F18 folder into the Sim Objects/Airplanes/F18 folder located on your C: drive, or the drive in which FSX is installed.  

For legal reasons, the exterior and interior 3D files of the Sludge are aliased to two files located in the default F18/Model folder.  You will need those two files to be located in that particular folder in order for the Sludge to work properly.

If you are still having no luck, hit me up on Skype (justheman2008) or send me a PM and we can figure out a time/place to meet.  Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 08:47:41 pm by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

tommie0908

• Blue Angels 1982-1986
« Reply #471 on: August 09, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »
Jimi,

Sent you a PM
Once A Blue Always A Blue

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #472 on: August 09, 2012, 08:52:33 pm »
Roger.  Thanks.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #473 on: August 09, 2012, 09:22:14 pm »
Tommie...

Sorry for the delay, but if you and Jimi cant get things running, gimme a PM and will try to get you fixed up. More than likely, if anybody can get you up and running, its JIMI... but if he cant, holler at me.

Later
Sludge