Author Topic: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released  (Read 248944 times)

GOONIE

Re: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2011, 09:51:58 pm »
Wily,
Here are my numbers:

[flight_tuning]
elevator_effectiveness =    1.0
aileron_effectiveness  =    1.4
rudder_effectiveness   =    1.0
pitch_stability        =    2.2
roll_stability         =    1.5
yaw_stability          =    1.5

-Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

wilycoyote4

« Reply #301 on: July 28, 2011, 10:46:30 pm »
Thanks to both of you, will do checks.  Perhaps others have something to add.

The problem isn't severe but irratic so it must be me.  Roll is very touchy so a very gentle feel at the joystick seems the case before these values are changed. 

Gentle, like milking a mouse, no excess of input.  A farm boy such as myself who milked a dozen cows twice a day for over 6 years should be able to get the touch eventually, lol.

Anyway that alpha test of the LSO is now the big test as it looks mighty interesting.

It's raining progress lately.

Letourn

« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2011, 07:25:45 am »
I just install the update

Really like the flying...testing it with the Vlso mission.

Thanks to all!

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #303 on: August 03, 2011, 09:44:42 am »
Fellas...

Finally releasing the FULL v12c AUTO INSTALLER here first, then out to the main servers. As always, if you use, back up any previous Sludge installs, then use the auto installer.  Also, as the README.txt (that nobody likes to read) says, you can install the MED_G.WAV into the FSX\SOUND folder and youll get the G-Vapor wind sound.  If you dont like, simply delete that file.

Other than that, let me know how it goes for the INSTALLER and what you like/dislike about the new UPDATES/FIXES.  For comparison's sake, all the updates are listed in the DOCUMENTATION folder in each Sludge Hornet.  The three main READMEs are listed there, along with instructions folders on the various gauges and their uses.

I will also release Micro's Blues Paints that you can add into the Sludge by simply UNZIPPING, then COPY/PASTE all the folders into each main Sludge (Basic/FX) folder. The AIRCRAFT.CFG is already written to include them, so once you put the files in the main folder, when you launch FSX and open the Aircraft selection screen, the new Blues paints will be there.

www.sludgehornet.com/downloads/JJ_Blues.zip

Enjoy.

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #304 on: August 03, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »
Finally releasing the FULL v12c AUTO INSTALLER here first, then out to the main servers.
If I'm not mistaken, installer you attached in the zip and the one available at FlightSim.com download from the same place...?

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #305 on: August 03, 2011, 05:02:29 pm »
Orion...

Youre not mistaken, its the same way Ive done it since Raz made the Auto-Installer. The ZIP folder contains: SHCHI.EXE, along with a README, and for this one, the .WAV file that has to be manually installed IF you want the G-Vapor wind sound.  If it goes well here, I'll send out to the main servers as well as a "blurb" about new features and fixes.

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #306 on: August 03, 2011, 06:55:25 pm »
So how are you releasing the "FULL v12c" here before the main servers (i.e. AVSIM/FlightSim.com/Simviation), if the all the installers download from the same place?

Or are you saying that you're re-releasing the same installer with the new readme and wav file, and will update the zip files on the Sludge Hornet site later?

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #307 on: August 04, 2011, 06:22:38 am »
Orion...

Or are you saying that you're re-releasing the same installer with the new readme and wav file, and will update the zip files on the Sludge Hornet site later?

Thats pretty obvious, as its the same installer, except I already uploaded all the correct files to the SH.com website.

Later
Sludge

weeebbz

« Reply #308 on: August 10, 2011, 05:49:51 pm »
Sludge i have a question about the g limiter gauge that was released in the update. i added the update the other day and now i am not able to perform a dirty roll on take-off the aircraft just lifts off the ground even with full nose up trim is this because of the g limiter gauge or something else

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #309 on: August 10, 2011, 06:22:16 pm »
Weeebz...

Im at work now, but when I get home, Ill load it up and check. It may be the G-Limiter but it might be an elevator scalar?

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2011, 02:50:04 am »
Weeebbz...

My best guess is that its the AILERON_EFFECTIVENESS and ROLL_STABILITY scalars.  I changed AILERON from 1.8 to 1.6 and then changed ROLL to 1.6 because people were saying that the Hornet rolled too quickly and was too abrupt, others here agreed, so I lessened it.  To get it back, open the AIRCRAFT.CFG with notepad and under [flight tuning] section, change AILERON_EFFECTIVENESS = 1.8, and ROLL_STABILITY = 1.5, then see what happens.  If its too much, simply change til you get something you like. Such as AILERON at 1.7 and ROLL at 1.6, fly and see if that works for ya.

Later
Sludge

weeebbz

« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2011, 09:35:54 pm »
Sludge
sorry for the late response, it didnt work any other idea's

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #312 on: August 14, 2011, 04:50:43 am »
Weeebbz...

Not sure at this point. If you think its the G_Limiter, then go into the PANEL\BASIC folder and rename it G_Limiter.XML.BAK, this will effectively cancel it out.

If this doesnt work, we will have to meet up on Skype sometime, so I can work to fix your problem REALTIME.

Later
Sludge

Q2M

« Reply #313 on: August 15, 2011, 07:03:58 pm »
Hi Sludge,

I have been trying to use the SHCHI.exe in your sig, but whenever I start it it says the program has "stopped working". Is this a known issue? Can I fix it?

Thanks

PS: SHCHI.exe worked on my old computer. When I got my new one (i5 2500k, Sapphire Radeon 6870, Biostar TZ68A+, etc.) it stopped working.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #314 on: August 15, 2011, 09:37:44 pm »
Q2M...

Yeah its a "known issue" that others here have had some difficulties with, and I dont know the FIX for it. Im still using WinXP and MIGHT, MIGHT switch over by the end of the year?

Anyway, to get you going... just refer to my post in this other thread that has all the MANUAL files needed.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4559.0

Later
Sludge