Author Topic: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released  (Read 245961 times)

Razgriz

Re: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 09:38:11 pm »
I guess I'll ask again.  If this integrator is not released to all yet can I get it to test it?  I am a member of FSXFleet and USNVA so will have plenty of opportunity to put it through its paces.

Yes, it has.  Here's a quote from the first post on the first page. 

The Sludge Hornet and Combat Hornet integration installer is ready.  It also features an option to install the CS F/A-18D with the Combat Hornet integration.

Features:
-Coded from scratch for optimization
-Multi-threading
-Deletes old installations (if any)
-Installs new Sludge Hornet(s) and effects.

Pictures:

Download:
Sludge/Combat Hornet Integration

lvflyer

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 02:53:00 am »
DUH sorry guys didn't see it.

ndts

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 11:11:08 pm »
I've been trying to download the Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator, but I get a "installer has encountered a problem and needs to close" message every time I try and run SHCHI.exe.

I've tried downloading it in Firefox, Chrome and IE (with my AV shut off), and I always end up with the same 712kb file that triggers the same message.

Any ideas why the installer refuses to run?

Razgriz

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2011, 12:23:10 am »
Can you get the logs from Event Viewer?

ndts

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2011, 05:11:46 am »
For the "error signature" in the XP message, I have the following:

EventType : clr20r3     P1 : shchi.exe     P2 : 1.0.0.0     P3 : 4d458192     
P4 : shchi     P5 : 1.0.0.0     P6 : 4d458192     P7 : 4a7     P8 : 10a     
P9 : system.invalidoperationexception     

Otherwise, I'm not quite sure what the "event viewer" you're referring to is.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2011, 07:24:58 pm »
NDTS...

Been a golf weekend, but now that its UGLY outside, I cant golf... so I can devote some time to figuring this out.  Ive had a few others write to me and tell me of similar problems.

Do you have Norton Anti-Virus?  If not, what anti-virus do you run?  If not, maybe we can run down, item-for-item... what you run on your system?  IF you have the time.  Meet me on Skype today, if you can, and we can go over this.  I have WinXP, so we will have a baseline comparison, as opposed to people who are on Win 7.  But this problem has occurred with Win 7 users as well, so Im guessing if we can figure it out in WinXP, this "fix" should apply to Win 7 too?!

PM me, if you can meet up on Skype.

Later
Sludge

ndts

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2011, 10:14:18 pm »
I'm running WinXP, with Microsoft Security Essentials and firewall.

My system is as follows:

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
Nvidia Geforce 7900GT
2GB RAM

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2011, 03:11:11 am »
NDTS...

OK, Ill look into this and see what I can come up with to get a fix.  The other guy who had this was running Win 7 and he had problems with Norton Anti-Virus getting in the way.

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 02:08:31 am »
Fellas...

The most recent version of the Sludge/Combat Hornet Intergration Installer is available now for testing.  If you are willing to try, backup your prior Sludge/Combat Hornet/Capt Sim Hornet installs.  However, IF you have the CAPT Sim, remember to keep the original CS FA-18D folder in the SIMOBJECTS\AIRPLANES directory, as Installer looks for specific files there... AND the CAPT SIM Delta Hornet will not run if that folder isnt there and named as such.

Minus any last minute fixes, this will be the released version.  I have all the permissions and READMEs ready to go.  This version includes the "new engine" inner turkey feathers, the missile rail textures, Fael's Specular texture fix, and a minor engine tweak (a tad more power); it will only affect the Sludge Hornets and not the default, thanks Orion.  And Thanks again, Fael for your work on those.

Later
Sludge

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 04:15:42 am »
glad to be part of this, Sludge!

Johan

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2011, 04:18:17 pm »
Hi Sludge,

I have been testing, you guys (and by that, thank you to all involved) do an awesome job as usual, textures and all. Even the vapor effects stay now when/if I add CSW to the plane.
BTW, were you considering adding J.R.'s dust effects?
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to test before the official release.

Johan

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2011, 07:54:55 am »
Johan...

Cool.  Glad you got the CSW along with the weapons.  Just a tough thing to do, since the CSW HUD conflicts with JRs HUD and Refueling gauge.  But glad you got it working decently enough.

I was considering it, but since its been a while... I figured I need to put this out in its current form, so that people can experience what you guys have had for a few months now.  If no objections, fixes, or new problems reported from anybody else... Ill wide release it tomorrow.  Then its time for a good break, then back to work with the Sludge v1.3, and who knows when that will be ready.  Got the dust cloud/water spray effect to incorporate..  Serge is working on a new gauge... Im still gonna try to tackle the CHAFF/FLARES thing and work with Serge to get it controlled by the UFC panel.  And, IF I feel it has a chance of success.. using the "hook" idea to make a moveable drogue line?  Itll be tough though, as Im not versed in that area.  Ill still give it a go and see if it has potential with my limited programming skill.  As well as several other ideas that may or may not work at all... we will see and Ill keep people posted here and at SludgeHornet.com...

Later
Sludge

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2011, 09:08:48 am »
Hey Sludge,

Wasn't sure if you were aware or not but it looks like Dave Sweetman has retured from Afganistan.
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2011, 06:21:11 pm »
Ray...

Thanks for the info., he hasnt wrote back to me, so I think Ill keep with the USMC-weighted squadron breakout (4 USMC/2 USN) for the Delta Hornets (as it mirrors real-life anyway, the marines are the sole Delta Hornet operators) and wide-release today.

That way, if there are any changes, people have the baseline .exe file and can simply re-install and they will have the changes.  Oh, any last minute fixes or problems.... anybody?

Later
Sludge

neutrino

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2011, 09:37:44 pm »
Sludge, it worked fine for me - I reinstalled it today - tried some aerial refueling and carrier landings, checked my gauges - all was working well  :)