Author Topic: No ILS Approach at PHTO  (Read 8929 times)

duckbilled

No ILS Approach at PHTO
« on: October 02, 2010, 06:52:01 am »
I just flew from KLAS to PHTO. I did not open or modify the AFCAD at PHTO. AFAIK, PHTO RWY 26 has a ILS. ATC gave me a VISUAL approach to RWY26. There was no approach data in the default GPS at all. After the flight, I opened up the PHTO AFCAD and found that there was no approach data or ILS in it.

I have been researching this a little since the release of DFW and have come to the conclusion that you have two choices:

1. Add the stock approach data in to your AFCAD with ADE
2. Create your own approach data for your AFCAD.

If you make an AFCAD for an airport, it overrides the stock data completely. FSX can't pick and choose which data to use from your AFCAD and which data to use from the stock airport. It is one or the other.

If you are not doing so right now, you need beta testers that use the default ATC and default GPS. Everyone doesn't fly using a high quality FMC and VATSIM.

I love your stuff and have purchased almost all of your products. I am a big FSDT supporter. I must say, however, that you AFCADS need a little work. I am sure there is someone out there that can help smooth out the wrinkles. All of the approach data and parking assignments should be correct from day one.. I would be happy to help you with the reaseach for the parking codes on the next project.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: No ILS Approach at PHTO
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:37:05 am »
Jeff, until they do an update try this.

Open the airport in ADE, go to Tools, Load Stock Data, and click on the Approaches box and the Navaids ans Waypoints box and click import. Then recompile the ADE and replace it with the existing one and you should be all set. This is what I have done in the past for situations like this and it worked fine for me.

duckbilled

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 06:58:11 pm »
Thanks Sean. I was planning on doing that. I have had to do it with several airports.

9Y-POS

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 01:46:18 pm »
I haven't heard anyone from FSDT stating that this would be in fact part of an update, i'm hoping that is the case because evry approach i get is a visual one and i don't really know how to tweek the afcad myself. I tried but many objects went missing form PHTO ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 01:47:44 pm »
Yes, it will part of the update (it's related to the missing jetways), we are reading all messages, don't worry.

9Y-POS

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 02:06:21 pm »
Yes, it will part of the update (it's related to the missing jetways), we are reading all messages, don't worry.

Oh OK that's great news, thanks for the heads up ;D

duckbilled

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 06:07:15 pm »
Yes. Thank you for the update

b742f

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:34:40 pm »
Thanks Umberto, any timetable on the update? Especially looking forward to UTX compatibility.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 11:43:22 pm »
Tomorrow, most likely

8thfw_maverick

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 10:48:27 am »
Hello and happy Christmas,

I had yesterday bought this addon and download it from your product side.

Is the missing/incomplete ILS approach fixed? I flight from Honolulu to Hilo and start with the ILS approach on RWY 26. The autopilot brings the aircraft on course 259° but he didn't controlled the correct altitute. So I think the bug is not fixed!

Can anybody help me to fix this problem?

Greeting from Germany

Oliver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 01:24:18 pm »
The missing ILS procedures have been fixed long ago, with the 1.1 update that was released in October.

The instrumental procedures and navaids (including the ILS) are exactly the ones coming from the default scenery, we haven't changed anything, the bug was only that our original AFCAD excluded them when it shouldn't.

Since you said the autopilot followed the localizer, the ILS was working, so the scenery is fine. If the airplane had issues following the glideslope, it's a problem of the autopilot, the default scenery (the ILS comes from there, our scenery doesn't come with an ILS, it uses the default) has set it correctly, including the glideslope position.