Author Topic: Captain Sim Hornet afterburners in WideviewAspect=True mode look WAY off??  (Read 6686 times)

simaddict

Has anyone noticed that when in wideviewaspect=true, only the Captain Sim Hornets afterburners look like a candle flame, that's the only way I can describe it! The Sludge hornet still looks uneffected. By the way, I'm new here and want to say thanks to Sludge and the gang for the huge improvements!! It must take alot of time!
Take care!
Mike   
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Orion

Re: Captain Sim Hornet afterburners in WideviewAspect=True mode look WAY off??
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:03:48 am »
This seems to coincide with my findings from the default Acceleration Hornet with Voodoo's afterburner effects mod (v2).

See here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3183.0.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 05:57:53 am »
Simaddict...

Your observation also brings up a good point.  I may start modding my effects in wideviewaspect=false and then once they are done switch to =true and make sure they turn out workable for both.  Right now, IF you have =false, you'll see little vapor "puffs" instead of vapor trails off the LEX as it should be...

Later
Sludge

simaddict

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 03:19:11 pm »
Sludge,
Is there any fix for the Capt Sim afterbuners that you know of? Also, you mentioned the LEX puffs...I have that issue with my wingtip vapors as well. Other than that, I will stop whining! lol Everything is still such a great improvement!
Mike
Cooler Master Tower.
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 03:48:08 pm »
Sim...

No, not really.  I havent modded the Capt Sim Hornet other than to add the Sludge mods to it.  If you want the default Hornet afterburners, I'll try to remember to work on that when I get back from Thanksgiving.  I'm leaving town, so all flight sim stuff shuts down for me til next week.

Yeah, if you are at wideviewaspect=true, then Im not sure what the problem is?  Send me a pic with the resolution and aspect labels for each pic, just like Orion's examples, so I can try to get a fix for that.

Later
Sludge

simaddict

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 06:16:46 pm »
Sludge,
Here's a screen-capture of my wingtip vapors, and afterburners. Again, the afterburners only look like that with the Captain Sim hornet when in wideviewaspect=true. Wingtip vapors always look like that.   :-\  My screen resolution is 1680x945x32. same in FSX. If you notice, one pic is the Sludge Hornet and the afterburners look great, but I still have the wingtip vapor issue. Am I the only one? ??? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike  

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:06:59 am by simaddict »
Cooler Master Tower.
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 07:45:05 am »
SA...

Thanks for the pics.  OK, the G-vapor works fine and as advertised but the Wingtip vapor is coming out so-so, it looks just a tad different than what mine does; but honestly... I dont like it, and am scrapping it til I get a MUCH BETTER version of the vapor.  Sorry, I've been playing with it for weeks before the Sludge release and weeks AFTER and its been a real butthead to tweak and get right.  Even after looking at some other forms of "smoke" and vapors and the techniques used, I still cant get it to come out in more of a continuous "swirly" stream like real-life wingtip vapor does...  just got onto something (newer technique), and will try to develop it but in the meantime, if you want the old default wingtip vapor back, just go into the AIRCRAFT.CFG and under the [effects] header, make this:

vaportrail_l=fx_dummy             // fx_vaportrail_l 
vaportrail_r=fx_dummy             // fx_vaportrail_r 

look like this:

vaportrail_l=fx_vaportrail_l 
vaportrail_r=fx_vaportrail_r

and the very end, under [smokesystem], make this:

smoke.9=-40.50, 10.00, 0.20, fx_F18_WingTipVapor

look like this:

// smoke.9=-40.50, 10.00, 0.20, fx_F18_WingTipVapor

You'll get the default wingtip vapor back, til I can hopefully get something more realistic and fuller out to everyone.

Later
Sludge