Author Topic: Sludge Hornet Modification v1.2 RELEASED  (Read 43623 times)

wilycoyote4

Re: Sludge Hornet Modification v1.2 RELEASED
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2010, 12:51:15 am »
First carrier trials

Trap on first try but not a very nice score on the greeny board, lol.  Nice carrier approach control of the bird.

Then cat.  Left the bird on the cat at full power, fuel 49%, and the aircraft stayed glued perfectly then launch.  I don't need full power for launch at that weight which may not be realistic but FSX has its quirky issues.

Much to study and thanks to all for this step in the continuing improvement of this default Hornet,

wilycoyote4

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 01:48:55 am »
Ground taxi is impressive, far more stable, very little tipsy or sway and only at high unrealitic speeds.  Carrier traps much, much more smooth, not the flippy bouncy stuff ------of course the trap must not be poorly performed by the pilot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razgriz

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2010, 01:59:09 am »
BTW Guys, for a realistic cat shot do the following:

-Hook up to the cat like any other cat shot
-Stay engines idle all the way down the cat stroke with the stick released
-Apply full MIL as soon as the aircraft is airborne.

You should get an endspeed of 166, which feels much better.  The default cat will launch you like a rocket with endspeeds of 200+.

wilycoyote4

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 02:18:53 am »
[quote author=Razgriz link=topic=3762.msg33768#msg33768 date=1288051149)
You should get an endspeed of 166, which feels much better.  The default cat will launch you like a rocket with endspeeds of 200+.
[/quote]

Thanks, never throttled down that far, nice from the VC.

IRONDAN

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2010, 11:15:59 pm »
Hey guys do you know if someone is working on making High resolution textures for the Hornet cockpit?

frankwi

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 12:27:05 am »
"Im working on getting all the Sludge mods put into the CAPT SIM Delta Hornet.  So far, going real well, should have an instruction sequence for doing this up soon."

That would make me VERY happy !

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2010, 06:51:48 am »
Hey guys do you know if someone is working on making High resolution textures for the Hornet cockpit?

IRONDAN,
Currently FSX supports textures resolution of up to 4096x4096. What the advantages and disadvantages of using such large textures, briefly?..

+ Crisper, highly detailed and nice looking textures, i.e. pure eyecandy

- One needs to manually set and maintain Texture_Max_Load parameter in the FSX.cfg
- On some machines this may impact performance

All these, and some other, pros and cons are well described here http://www.simforums.com/forums/nicktexture-max-load-post_topic28692.html.

I did a quick test and repainted one of the VC textures at a higher resolution to see what is what. Here are some screengrabs of the VC at different resolutions. Note, that the base texture was not repainted, it was just resized, so its original 'blurriness' was retained.

01.jpg - default VC textures at default resolution 1024.
02.jpg - a 2048 texture at 2048 mode (only white letters repainted and yellow letters added, all letters crisp and nice)
03.jpg - a 2048 texture at 1024 resolution (letters blurred noticeably)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:34:55 pm by fsxnavypilot »
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:49 pm »
Fellas...

The CAPT SIM files are almost ready, just scouring over them to make sure I wont be sending payware over, which means I will have several BLANK FOLDERS (ie texture.RCAF-Tiger folder) and you'll have to copy/paste everything inside the default (ex. texture.d_tiger folder into the texture.RCAF-Tiger folder) manually.  Or just RENAME your installed texture.d_tiger folder to texture.RCAF-Tiger.  I know people dont like this, but IT HAS TO BE DONE THIS WAY, as if I dont, I could get in trouble from CAPT SIM for sending out their payware.

For obvious purposes, this assumes you have the Sludge Hornet Mod v1.2 installed, and the CAPT SIM baseline Delta Hornet installation.  If you dont, you wont get the CAPT SIM Delta Hornet/Sludge Hornet mod, cause none of the files for that will be included.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 01:43:41 am by Sludge »

MacK

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2010, 09:08:23 pm »
Love the new Hornet mate. Absolutely superb!

Thanks very much for all the hard work.

wilycoyote4

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 02:57:25 am »
Tried a video using FRAPS free version and a link to Youtube.  LSOs can score for the greeny board.

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 03:29:55 am »
WC4,  ;D  I'm not an LSO (& I do remember that LSOs don't get to see a pilot eye view as we do here in these computerland videos) but I do like your willingness to demonstrate that if you are not where you should be, then you are going to get there. This is important. Good to see you wanting to be 'on the ball'. None of that 'smooth USAF flying' seen here. Good on you.  ;)
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

wilycoyote4

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2010, 03:39:53 am »
...........if you are not where you should be, then you are going to get there. This is important. Good to see you wanting to be 'on the ball'. None of that 'smooth USAF flying' seen here. Good on you.  ;)
hahahahaaaa, first time I've embedded a video.  My framerate isn't worth much because my pc isn't a very powerful new one.  I can control version 1.2 better than before.  Even if I do scare myself.  I'll practice some more, 

Letourn

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 04:06:00 am »
Hi, I just finish installing v1.2 and was adding some of the texture i use and was looking inside the texture.VMFA-323 CAG inside that folder there is another folder call texture.VFA-192. I verified that folder its identical to texture.VFA-192 CAG. I remove it and everything is fine. Sludge can you confirm that we dont need it?

Time to Fly

Razgriz

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2010, 04:11:08 am »
Hi, I just finish installing v1.2 and was adding some of the texture i use and was looking inside the texture.VMFA-323 CAG inside that folder there is another folder call texture.VFA-192. I verified that folder its identical to texture.VFA-192 CAG. I remove it and everything is fine. Sludge can you confirm that we dont need it?

Time to Fly

Confirmed here too, extra 10mb.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2010, 04:17:36 am »
Fellas...

Affirm, that is 10mb of extra textures that dont need to be there.  You can simply remove it, as its the same folder, just named differently.  Sorry bout the "miss" on that one.

Later
Sludge