Author Topic: No Buildings or Jetways when landing at Zurich  (Read 6959 times)

tgbelden

No Buildings or Jetways when landing at Zurich
« on: October 08, 2010, 09:44:29 pm »
When I landed at Zurich at night with the PMDG MD-11 the terminals and jetways did not appear.  Everything else was fine.  When I restarted FSX with the PMDG MD-11 at the Zurich airport at night everything was fine.

I don't recall having that problem with the other FS Dreamteam sceneries when landing yet.  I saw somebody else had this problem and made changes to there FSX.cfg file.  I haven't done that in hopes that there may be a simpler solution.  I just installed a GeForce GTS450.  So I can't imagine it's the graphics card.

Thanks in advance.

Ted
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:50:53 pm by tgbelden »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Buildings or Jetways when landing at Zurich
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 10:25:33 pm »
If it was just the terminals disappearing, it *might* have been some kind of a problem with the modules that runs the scenery but, if it's also the jetways, it's nothing related to our software. In fact, if the Addon Manager doesn't run for any reason, the only thing left are just the jetways.

Check you are not using DX10 mode, our sceneries are not compatible with it, except for KDFW.

altena

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 06:35:14 pm »
Hi Ted,

I had the same problem for months. Umberto could not give me a solution. Others did however. Really try out to put these lines to your FSC.cfg, and look wat happens. It does not hurt anything, and if it does not bring the solution for you, you always can delete these entries again. Beleive me, it's the only solution!

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=5
SHADER_PARTIAL_PRECISION=1
ALLOW_SHADER_20=1
ALLOW_SHADER_30=0
HIGHMEMFIX=1
STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

You can simply copy these entries, open your FSX.cfg and paste them on top of the other entries. It's really simple.
By the way, if you look at the term HIGHMEMFIX in Google, you will see a lot of search results about this, including forum posts about this and problems with FSDT's Zurich (no FSDT forum). What HIGHMEMFIX=1 does is:organize your Video-RAM in a better way, especially with high-end videocards.

HENK

tgbelden

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:43:14 pm »
That worked!!! I have no idea why it worked, but it did.  Can't wait to check it with the other sceneries because I'm having some issues with them, but not quite as bad as with Zurich.  Thanks Henk!!!!!

altena

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 12:16:24 pm »
Ted,

I'm glad that I could help and that it works for you too (like it did for me and many others). I also noticed minor changes at FSDT's Geneva airport, after those changes in the FSX.CFG.

Henk

ikarus2010

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 09:28:47 am »
Hi to all,

I just come with the same problem - however, I don't know whether this thread ist still active. Anyhow, I have changed the fsx cfg as mentioned before, but to my great disappointment nothing has changed.
The area around ZurichX is deserted like a noman's land. Even the fsd LSZH ZurichX scenery is very very nicely designed,  I ask myself if it would be better to cancel it and go with the default scenery, which of course is no more Zurich.Kloten. But then the surrounding comes again to life with all the nice autogen of flylogic's  CH-PRO.

Furthermore there is second disappointment: "aircraft shows shadow on ground" always disappears with this scenery. I fill the appropriate box with the "v" all the time again and again, but it disappears automatically and the the shadow is gone. Very funny, this error does not show up with the LSGG Geneva fsdreamteam scenery.

Has anybody a tip how to fix a)autogen around LSZH and b) the missing shadow

Thanks a lot and kindest regards

alfred   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 02:29:31 pm »
I just come with the same problem - however, I don't know whether this thread ist still active

You don't seem to have the "same" problem, not at least according to your description below.

The area around ZurichX is deserted like a noman's land. Even the fsd LSZH ZurichX scenery is very very nicely designed,  I ask myself if it would be better to cancel it and go with the default scenery, which of course is no more Zurich.Kloten. But then the surrounding comes again to life with all the nice autogen of flylogic's  CH-PRO.

From this description, you are reporting a lack of autogen around the airport, NOT the disappearance of airport buildings and jetways, as the thread was about.

It's not very clear how your autogen problem is, if you posted a screenshot, at least we would know if this is how the scenery is supposed to be, or you are having another problem, which is not related to our scenery.

Furthermore there is second disappointment: "aircraft shows shadow on ground" always disappears with this scenery. I fill the appropriate box with the "v" all the time again and again, but it disappears automatically and the the shadow is gone. Very funny, this error does not show up with the LSGG Geneva fsdreamteam scenery.

Be sure you have the current version of the Addon Manager, and be sure you select the aircraft shadow on (if "on" is what you want to use), and exit from FSX cleanly because, if FSX crashes for any reason, it will not save the option.

ikarus2010

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 10:58:53 am »
Hi Umberto,
thank your for your immediate reply. oh, sorry!  my post is indeed in the wrong thread, but I am new here and saw...."no buildings..." in fact I refer to "no autogen" around ZurichX. of course.
I can see from other threads now that this is apparently really an issue, because many of our simfriends ecounter the same problem. Sorry, I can not attach pictures at the moment, because I am writing on another PC. To make it short: on CH-PRO fsx there is nice and vast autogen around default LSZH, but the autogen is crushed, flattened, deserted after having installed your (I say again: very nice) fsdt LSZH scenery. For a user this is strange, because other payware and freeware airports on CH-PRO do not show this phenomena. LSZB freeware,  for example,  is very nicely integrated in the CH-PRO scenery. no autogen destroyed! Also flylogic's many CH-airports do not flatten the autogen around. I am convinced that fsdt, with their  very capable experts, will soon deliver a patch.   You already have given us a patch to get again the shadow on the ground of the planes.

best regards and many thanks in advance

alfred