Author Topic: DFW for FSX Serious start up Issue  (Read 45926 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: DFW for FSX Serious start up Issue
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 08:54:15 pm »
Honestly I could have rebuilt the FSX on my RIG by now.

It won't make any difference, it's not an FSX issue, is something that has gone wrong in the Windows trust mechanism.

Have you tried at least the antivirus step ? This is usually the most common cause of the problem.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 07:09:37 am »
This is how my addon manager looks on my C: drive, keep in mind that my FSX is on the D: drive
If there is something that needs correcting please let me know what I must do but I believe there is something out of place, just not sure what.

Controls
SimObjects
Substitutions
Cameras
dll
dll.xml.addonmanager
dll.xml_Before_Addon_Manager
exe
exe.xml_Before_Addon_Manager
fsx
LWcfg.SPB
navlog0
wxstationlist.BIN

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 10:39:08 am »
I'm fairly sure it's not an FSX thing, it's related to the Windows trust system.  Sorry to ask again but, have you tried my two previous suggestions, disabling or enabling UAC, and configure the antivirus to exclude our files ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 10:58:13 am »
Also, you are kindly requested NOT to open another thread about this issue.

You have a problem with KDFW, this is the KDFW support area, there's already a thread opened for you, and you ARE getting support for it, and we'll not end up until this is fixed.

So, please, don't open another thread about the same issue elsewhere, because it only making more confusing to follow you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 12:01:30 pm »
Please, check your PM, I've sent you a message with other things to try.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 04:45:49 pm »
Ok, and just know that Im doing everything you asked.  Yes it has been allowed to pass through AVG,  Excluded.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 05:07:06 pm »
Im not able to use my Quality Wings, FSDreamTeam addons, or PMDG.  The issue happened right as I clicked ok after inserting the registration code.  Im with the Touch and Go Films staff.  Right now the msg on the bottom right hand corner of my screen is saying.   Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working... A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program blah blah blah..

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 05:53:17 pm »
I did try the bglmanx that you sent to me but it didnt work.  I have uninstalled everything again and that includes planes and scenery deletion from the control panel.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 08:50:04 pm »
I completely uninstalled every existence of FSX from my computer.  I reintalled fsx then installed acceleration.  Tested it with an F18 hornet and it was fine with max settings.  My security has been off for a day now.  I also just installed REX V2.0 and it works just fine.  But when Installed the KDFW and ran fsx, I got the error message that bglmanx.dll has an error and then the Microsoft Flight Simulator stopped working.
Dont know what to do or believe at this point. Everything works that doesnt us Coualt products but those that do  will not work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2010, 09:40:21 pm »
I completely uninstalled every existence of FSX from my computer.  I reintalled fsx then installed acceleration. 

You shouldn't have done that, I told you twice:

it's not an FSX issue

I'm fairly sure it's not an FSX thing, it's related to the Windows trust system

This is not an FSX problem, it's something wrong in Windows. I've sent you exactly the same file you had by PM to this user:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3437.0

That had the same problem, and he told me that as soon as he installed the new file, the problem has gone. The only difference between the regular version and the one you got to test, it's only a different release of the VC++ runtimes it's linked with, which means (at least in case of the other user) the problem was 100% caused by a problem with that other library in his own system.

Are you really sure you installed this file from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

And rebooted Windows after installing and trying again ? The file I've sent you, won't run if this update is not installed.

You can try a different thing:

- Go in the Windows control panel, and Uninstall ALL the istances of the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable runtimes. You might have more than one version, remove them all.

- Then, after removing everything related to VS2005, reinstall again these 3 files:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

One after the other one, in this order. Use always the vcredist_x86.exe, even if your OS is 64 bit, we are dealing with 32 bit apps, so they need a 32 bit runtime.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 11:08:47 pm »
For the record I did everything you asked in your last post verbatim, unfortunately it came back with the same results.  It all started when I put in the registration code for DFW.   I have no use of my FSDT addons at all or my QW because of this.  Im out of my best addons and a lot of money down the drain because there isnt a soul who knows how to fix this glitch.  If my computer had this problem from the beginnig I would just say buy a new RIG.  But I had almost all of the FSDT addons and then the second I put in DFW it ruined it.  So does anyone know what really needs to be done.  What was in that code that gave my PC a virus because thats what it is.  Its really unfair that the makers of FSDT dont have a solution and my FSDT QW days are over because of it.  I spend a lot of money on addons and make a ton of FSX videos that get a lot of attention.  I hope someone here will do something and make a patch that works.

Marc Anthony Gonzalez
AKA

MARCANTHONYSTORM  on YouTube

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2010, 11:32:26 am »
 What was in that code that gave my PC a virus because thats what it is.

Sorry, but this is just not possible. The Serial Number it's just a text code that is stored in the registry, it can't create any problem to your system.

Its really unfair that the makers of FSDT dont have a solution and my FSDT QW days are over because of it.

Besides, I was WAITING for your report so, you can't just say we don't have a solution, because you have been constantly followed with PLENTY of solutions, I've sent you a special version of the Addon Manager which I've made just for that purpose and there was ANOTHER user that had the same problem that got the same file, and he reported it to me it was fixed.

In his case, it was most likely a problem with the Visual Studio 2005 runtimes that were probably broken on his system, the file you have received it's linked with a slightly different version, there were no other differences.

So, it's very likely that on your system, instead, the VS 2005 runtimes are all having a problem, that's why I've asked to to reinstall them all.

I made some research and, there is a chance the VS 2008 runtimes, instead, might create a conflict with the VS 2005. We use the 2005, because this is what FSX uses, but I know there are other FS developers that use the VS 2008 ones.

Can you try to check if you have the VS2008 runtimes on your system ? If yes, try the following:

- Uninstall ALL the Microsoft VS 2008 runtimes

- Uninstall ALL the Microsoft VS 2005 runtimes

- Reinstall ALL the Microsoft VS 2005 runtimes, using the links I've posted above.

- DO NOT Reinstall the VS 2008 ones, for the moment

- Reinstall KDFW and check if FSX starts now.

Don't think for a moment that WE will drop this problem, you WILL be supported until this is FIXED.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:35:01 am by virtuali »

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2010, 10:41:36 pm »
Ok, I will try it and thank you.  I know that there has to be a solution. Is there any chance that the new FSrecorder 2.0 Beta could be interfering with it.  I has put that on the night before which is the only other change to my rig.  Sometimes I get the message after it crashes to desktop about Fsrecorder_0 something something and not sure what that has to do with anything

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 10:48:20 pm »
The easiest way to test if the problem is caused by a conflict with another module, is to disable them all in the DLL.XML, them re-enable one at a time, until the problem is found.

- Open you DLL.XML file with a text editor (eg. Notepad is fine), the file is located at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

- Look for all the <Disabled> tags, and change them to <Disabled>True</Disabled>

- Do this for ALL the <Launch.Addon> sections, EXCEPT for the Addon Manager one (bglmanx.dll) and the main section at the top of the file (which would disable the whole XML file so, you shouldn't change it)

- Save the file and exit.

- Do the same for the EXE.XML file, located in the same folder, disable all modules EXCEPT for Couatl (fsdreamteam\couatl.exe)

- Save the file and exit

- Launch FSX and see if it works. If it does, re-enable every module, one by one, check if FSX works, enable another module, and so on, until you find the conflicting one.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2010, 06:16:57 pm »
Here is my dll.XML file  I hope you will see something in there that tells what the probelm might be

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
   <Descr>Launch</Descr>
   <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
   <Disabled>False</Disabled>
   <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
      <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
      <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
      <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
      <Disabled>True</Disabled>
      <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
      <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
      <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>PMDG Options</Name>
      <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>PMDG Events</Name>
      <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name>
      <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>VistaMare Core</Name>
      <Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>FeelThere ERJX Helper</Name>
      <Path>FeelThere\Erj\E145XH.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
      <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name>
      <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon><Name>FS Recorder Module</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>D:\Program Files (x86)\FS Recorder for FSX\RecorderFSX.dll</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>