Author Topic: Jetways not lining up  (Read 5170 times)

pride545

• Beta tester
Jetways not lining up
« on: August 09, 2010, 12:40:59 pm »
When I parked atgate e20 the jetway will not line up with the aircraft. The rear part of the jetway is away from the aircraft! Is there any way to correct this?

Moe Works ???
Moe Works

pride545

• Beta tester
Re: Jetways not lining up
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 08:22:06 am »
Well, been heree 3 days and no replys. I guess no-one knows about this problem!
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 09:42:08 am »
Works fine here, see the screenshot.

Of course, it's best if you align the airplane to the correct position on ground for its type, which is why we have a ParkMe system to assist with that, because it's able to detect your airplane, and let you put the front wheel on the right spot.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 03:10:14 pm »
I WAS ALIGNED WITH THE LINE!
Moe Works

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 05:31:00 pm »
I taxied to spot E20 from 35L and the fgate is still not aligning. I was aligned with the line and at the right spot. I do not know how to put a screen shot on here. I also only saw 2 orange lines for the park me! Ialso tried it with a default 747, same results!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 05:47:06 pm by pride545 »
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 06:16:32 pm »
I also only saw 2 orange lines for the park me!

I'm not sure to understand what you mean: if you are refering to the old-style optical alignement system in use at Terminal E, that's how is supposd to look like, it's not a "smart" system, it's just a fixed panel that gives lateral guidance using parallax effects. We put it there, because they are there in real life but, if you want to use a "real" working Docking system, you should go at Terminal A, C and D, where the digital SafeDock is installed.

I also tried it with a default 747, same results!

This is what I get with e default 747, it's not *perfect* alignment but it's good enough. Note that, the jetway system is handled by FSX itself, we only model the jetway but, what FSX does to reach the door, it does it on its own, even the default jetways have lots of issues at default airports, like wheels going into the ground with smaller airplanes, etc. so, it's the system that is probably not 100% solid.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:23:00 pm by virtuali »