Author Topic: dll Problem  (Read 5036 times)

david19

dll Problem
« on: July 26, 2010, 01:56:47 pm »
Hi. I like test the scenery and my dll.dat is wrong. I can install the Addonmanager und Zürich Scenery with no problems.

But after this,i start my FSX and i have e Error message with bglmanx.dll

I installed with Admin rights and i closed my virusscanner. Please help

I use windows7 32Bit.

And i watched on APPDATA/Microsoft/FSX and i have the bglmanx.dll.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 03:37:06 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: dll Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 03:37:58 pm »
This has been explained many times already: it's a known FSX bug that, the first time a module is trusted, it might cause FSX to crash or give that warning. Doesn't happen on all system, but it's something that can happen with every module that has just been trusted.

The solution is exactly the opposite of what FSX suggest:

- You have to authorize the module to run, even if it crashes.

- Try to run FSX again and, if still crashes, don't do anything, don't uninstall but, reboot Windows and try again. It will usually fix itself after a reboot.

You might also want to check your antivirus, because it might have mistakenly blocked the module. If this is the case, the best way is to:

1) Install with the antivirus entirely disabled

2) Configure the antivirus to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll file from scanning before launching FSX

david19

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 02:35:28 pm »
sorry i made a reboot,and before i closed my virus scanner. but allways when i start fsx come the error message.

maby the problem is Restrictionstable??? because i have windows7 with Restrictionstable2008 and your installer install Restrictionstable2005???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 04:18:59 pm »
maby the problem is Restrictionstable??? because i have windows7 with Restrictionstable2008 and your installer install Restrictionstable2005???

If by "restrictiontable" you mean the Visual Studio 2005 runtimes, we install that ones, because FSX itself uses the 2005 version.

In theory, they should be compatible with Visual Studio 2008. However, there was a bug in one of the 2008 .dll, that prevented to be used together with 2005, don't know if they fixed it or not.

Have you tried to update your VS 2008 runtimes with their current versions ?

david19

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 06:25:32 pm »
i deinstalled visual b2008 and i rebot my windows...but it help not.

can you send me your dll file?? i copy then i my Appdata/FSX folder.

lenairva@t-online.de

many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 07:11:02 pm »
It's not a problem of the dll file, yours it's just fine. If it wasn't, you wouldn't see that error to begin with, because the module wouldn't be loaded.

I'm sorry, but there's no other solution than the one already posted above, try this for a better explanation:

Try to this, only this, and nothing else, in the exact precise order.

- Reboot Windows

- Remove all the bglmanx.dll files and the whole fsdreamteam\couatl folder manually. Empty the Recycle Bin as well

- Uninstall the scenery, reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?"

- Disable the Antivirus

- Reinstall the scenery

- Configure the Antivirus to exclude the FSX\bglmanx.dll file

- Run FSX, authorize both files, if asked.

- If FSX crashes once, try it again without doing anything else. If it still crashes, reboot Windows another time.

If it still doesn't work, try to download this fix from Microsoft:

- Download this update from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

Use the vcredist_x86.exe file.

Be sure you are NOT using FSX in "XP compatibility mode", if you are running Vista or Windows 7.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:13:02 pm by virtuali »

david19

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 07:32:20 pm »
hey the scenery work now ;D

i used the fsx.exe with "XP compatibility mode". that wars wrong.

many thanks :D