Author Topic: Dust Cloud  (Read 4920 times)

ColdKiller1850

Dust Cloud
« on: July 30, 2010, 05:21:32 am »
You know how Blue Angel #6 make his low transition, and kicks up a dust cloud and at the CNA, he kicks up water, somebody should try to create those textures, I can't becuase I don't have FS Design Studio from Abacus Pub.

Thanks
Holden
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:02:20 am by virtuali »

Orion

Re: Dust Cloud
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 05:26:15 am »
I'd suggest asking in, or in this case, asking a staff member to move this thread to the Unofficial F/A-18 Acceleration Pack board.  Lots of helpful folks who love their Acceleration FA-18's in there ;).

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 07:32:10 pm »
Holden, is there a video clip anywhere that shows the effect?
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

micro

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 04:23:18 am »
I think he's talking about something like in this video:

I had the effect just about to where I wanted it, but I cooked my computer and lost the file. Sadly, I think my flight sim days went with my rig... But the effect is possible.

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 11:19:44 am »
I see the effect you mean, around 1:10, Micro. Looked great. Are you thinking of trying to create it again?

Had you been working it along the lines of an "enginewash" effect?

BTW That's a quality video, Micro! I can see a lot of work went into that - superb!!
You sounded a bit dejected though...I hope we haven't seen the end of you making those excellent videos we've been used to seeing from you, have we?!
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

micro

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 02:37:09 am »
The effect I had was guage based on being <50 ft AGL and >2.0 g's. I took me quite awile to figue it out, but the xml was fairly simple.

As for me, yeah, I think my simming days are over. I just had my setup so mod-ed that I can't see myself going through all that work again. But, who knows. It might be that I just need a long break. We'll see.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 10:52:43 pm »
Micro...

Sorry to hear that, but take all the time you need.  Understand it was a big blow to you when you lost your system and maybe time will help get you back on the flight simming saddle?  Either way, youre a good dude and hope you come back into the fold at some point.

Keep in touch.

Later
Sludge