Author Topic: Getting Black Screen When Trying To Regester Product  (Read 3247 times)

bankheadd

Getting Black Screen When Trying To Regester Product
« on: June 25, 2010, 12:57:25 am »
I'm trying to register KJFK and when I click the addonmanager-reinstall I get black screens and have to use the MICROSOFT key to exit and when I'm on my desktop I have the register serial# tab but it won't allow you to add your serial# to it, it will just go to a black screen again??
I'm using FSX & WIN7
Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Getting Black Screen When Trying To Regester Product
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 10:42:43 am »
As explained on page 15 of the Installation Guide (fsdt_install_guide.pdf, to be found under the fsdreamteam folder under the main flightsim folder), on the paragraph named "Activating your Serial Number", some video cards have issues displaying standard Windows dialog boxes under Full Screen DirectX.

The program hasn't crashed, it's just the registration dialog has gone behind the main FSX screen so you can't see it.

And, as explained on the installation guide, this is usually fixed by putting Flightsim in Windowed mode (pressing ALT+Enter) before the registration. You can then go back to Full Screen after the activation is done.

bankheadd

Re: Getting Black Screen When Trying To Regester Product
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 11:20:02 pm »
Thanks, that was it!