Author Topic: Possible landclass or terrain issue  (Read 6670 times)

a320driver

Possible landclass or terrain issue
« on: October 27, 2007, 10:51:18 pm »
Wanted to give this new scenery a go. Uninstalled my other LSZH scenery and installed this one. Found the airport with hills thru the runways, runway markings floating in the air and crash points everywhere. Did a search for multiple afcads and found one, it was removed...still the problem. Discovered that the scenery I had been using installed a replacement "AP950150.bgl". Removed that..still the problem. Tried the default LSZH and found houses and buildings all over the airport, the runways "under the ground" (line up on runway and aircraft disappears underground while doing the takeoff roll). At this point I have no idea what to do. Don't know if this is a landclass or terrain issue, as I can find none on my system for this area. Ideas?

Regards,
Joe
Regards,
Joe Esposito

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: Possible landclass or terrain issue
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 11:02:18 pm »
MMMMM  :o your Fs9 has a very complicated situation, check if zurich is on top of your library (there is two layers on library for Zurich)

a320driver

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 11:33:58 pm »
Found it. Had a "AP950150.bgl" file in the Scenery/EURE/Scenery folder. Have no idea how it got there but it's out now and all is well.

Regards,
Joe
Regards,
Joe Esposito

tcarmona

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 01:03:34 am »
Hello,

I have a similar problem, installed your fantastic scenery (congratulations by the way), uninstalled other LSZH scenery, no other afcads, (checked with the AFCAD.exe utility), but it still seem to be mixed with other airport (the default one maybe.. don't know). The "wrong one" seem to be a little higher than yours, and on the taxiway the aircraft hit something in some points. Send you some images.
Thanks for your help, would love to use it 100%!!

António
FS9(full upgraded)
Windows XP Professional
Service pack 2
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz
2,00 of RAM

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 01:24:46 am »
Your FS has double flatten from other scenery or an old installation of scenery for same area, with change of standard files. Is very hard to determine were is the problem, Zurich use a flatten and non invasive files on FS9 standard directory.

tcarmona

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 02:03:34 am »
Thanks Alessandro for you quick answer...
Found it! its ok now!! and with the AES its 120%!
Was that dammed "AP950150.bgl" file too. Its a default file and must be in the scenery/EURE/scenery folder, but the default one, not the transformed one that I put there from a free scenery that I downloaded some time ago called Zurich2. I replaced from the default one (I kept it) and its working now.

Thanks again

António CS