Author Topic: Create Object Failed  (Read 149 times)

spek

Create Object Failed
« on: May 25, 2024, 01:46:36 pm »
Hey,
For a month or so now, I've been having an issue where GSX simply does not work and nothing happens.
It shows an error in the log of "CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED" multiple times. I've emptied my community folder, reinstalled GSX (deleting it from appdata and whatnot too) then used the offline installer thing, and it is still having issues.

Sometimes it doesn't let me select the Ground Handler, nor does it let me reopen the GSX window; others it does.

Here's a clip of the issue in game:
https://medal.tv/games/microsoft-flight-simulator/clips/2fcbunMFrSCvDn/d1337b0kdE97?invite=cr-MSxkNWssMTgwODUxNjYzLA
And the log file is attached.

Any help would be appreciated,
Alex
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 11:40:19 pm by spek »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Create Object Failed
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024, 11:11:47 pm »
Also, is it possible you might have manually copied the whole GSX packages to the Community folder, instead of having Symbolic links to it ?

Doing this will guarantee nothing will work because, the manually copied copy in the Community folder will be left outdated (the FSDT Update only updates the Addon Manager copy ) and will prevent the sim to see the copy that has been updated.

If you did this, REMOVE the copies in the Community folder, start the installer and click "Relink", so it will create the Symbolic links as it was supposed to.

A way to recognize if a folder is a real folder or a Symbolic link, is if it has a small arrow on its icon in Windows Explorer. If it has no arrow, it's a real folder, which is wrong and now how we install GSX normally so, REMOVE IT and in the FSDT Installer choose "Relink".

Then, run an update CHECK on GSX, to be sure you have the latest files.