Author Topic: FSDT Installer always adds LSZH profile  (Read 131 times)

Copper

FSDT Installer always adds LSZH profile
« on: May 03, 2024, 12:57:24 pm »
Whenever installing a GSX update, the FSDT installer puts an lszh-fsdt.ini in the profiles folder.
I do have LSZH from FSDT installed, but I am using another, MUCH better profile than the one FSDT provides.

How can I stop the installer from always adding the ini file to the profiles despite already having another profile for LSZH in the folder? This is so annoying since I have to delete it manually every single time I do a GSX update and if I forget, GSX ends up using the inferior default profile instead of the one from the community which has proper pushbacks etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Installer always adds LSZH profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2024, 02:11:32 pm »
Fact the installer will download a profile, doesn't automatically mean GSX will *always* use it. The name of the profile you used last is SAVED in the [gsx] section of the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\COUATLADDONS.INI file so, the file selection is random only if you haven't set a preference so, for example, such line in the COUATLADDONS.INI file:

profile_lszh = zfybhg

Means GSX will always load a profile named LSZH_zfybhg.INI at LSZH

And, it would have been useful if you said exactly what the issues are with the default FSDT profile, which surely has custom pushbacks as well.

Copper

Re: FSDT Installer always adds LSZH profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 03:29:13 pm »
Fact the installer will download a profile, doesn't automatically mean GSX will *always* use it. The name of the profile you used last is SAVED in the [gsx] section of the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\COUATLADDONS.INI file so, the file selection is random only if you haven't set a preference so, for example, such line in the COUATLADDONS.INI file:

profile_lszh = zfybhg

Means GSX will always load a profile named LSZH_zfybhg.INI at LSZH
Thanks, I will check that.

And, it would have been useful if you said exactly what the issues are with the default FSDT profile, which surely has custom pushbacks as well.
Your profile is missing the Pushbacks on TWY F from all the positions in the cul de sac like A08, A04, A44, A39 etc. which are needed for proper sequencing of inbounds and outbounds to these gates. It is labelled as release point "3" on all parking charts.

If you are on Vatsim and aren't able to push onto F release 3, you have to expect delays because they need to reserve time for you pushing inside the cul de sac where you are blocking other pushes and/or inbound traffic for a longer time.

Additionally the community profile has passenger walkers on the visiting terrace etc. but my main reason are the missing pushback options.
This profile is in my opinion better in that regard: https://flightsim.to/file/38316/gsx-vdgs-for-fsdt-lszh-zrich