Author Topic: Can we make the GSX window NOT dissapear ?  (Read 1136 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can we make the GSX window NOT dissapear ?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2024, 02:07:53 pm »
You really think most people are going to read though 88 pages of manual to get to page 89, LMAO

Yes, OF COURSE I expect people will read the manual, at least some basic usage principles. PDFs are searchable so, if you suspect you have a problem with the Toolbar Menu, you donì't have to "read 88 pages" but, instead, just type "Toolbar menu" in the reader Search bar, and you'll find the relevant chapter very quickly.

This is really a matter of principle: fact GSX comes with a 118 pages manual, clearly indicates it's both a powerful AND complex program so yes, you SHOULD try to read the manual, maybe skipping the parts related to profile creations that might not be required to use it, but would you try flying a complex airliner like the PMDG without even opening the 122 "introduction" manual that comes with it ?

BTW I have not closed GSX window with an "X" since very long time, maybe it has been fixed but I recall closing window with an "X" actually closed it and the icon went grey

Why you use the term "fixed" as if this was a bug we had to fix ? There's an exception to what the x button does, and it's VR. In VR, even the x button will close it, because the different behavior of that button in VR we need to deal with.

If there was something to fix, it was to react to a bug IN THE SIM that has been introduced recently: the .Javascript variable to check if the sim is in VR mode (used by many developers) at a certain point stopped to work, and this bug has been confirmed by Asobo, so we had to "fix" our menu to use a different variable that still works so yes, in a way, we had to react to a recently introduced bug in the sim, and "fixed" the menu to use the working variable.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2024, 02:34:49 pm »
but would you try flying a complex airliner like the PMDG without even opening the 122 "introduction" manual that comes with it ?
I mean, I've done it.  :-\
Captain Kevin

kingnorris

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2024, 05:21:08 pm »
but would you try flying a complex airliner like the PMDG without even opening the 122 "introduction" manual that comes with it ?
I mean, I've done it.  :-\

Me too. (Thank you, YouTube!)

AndyCYXU

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2024, 10:04:12 am »
But would you try flying a complex airliner like the PMDG without even opening the 122 "introduction" manual that comes with it ?

not for basic usage anyways, I did not know PMDG 737 had a manual ;) that's what YT is for,
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 10:07:37 am by AndyCYXU »