Products Support > GSX Support FSX/P3D

[Resolved] PMDG737 pushback problem when APU software bug strikes.

(1/2) > >>

Ray Proudfoot:
Hi Umberto. I have the PMDG737NGXu in P3D v5.3HF2. When the APU fires up all is well and I start the engines when prompted. The pushback completes as normal.

You may be aware there is a bug in the PMDG code that has never been fixed because it’s so random. When this happens there’s no APU power so I have to request the power truck at the gate to start the engines.

Whilst this gets them going I cannot request pushback with engines running. Is there any workaround you can suggest to request pushback with engines already running?

I also have FSL Concorde which has no APU so engines 2 and 3 gave to be started before pushback but this is catered for in GSX.

Captain Kevin:
Ray, there should be a setting in the aircraft profile that allows you to start the engines before pushback, so just a matter of changing it. It's also useful in case you need to start the engines at the gate because of an inoperative APU.

Ray Proudfoot:

--- Quote from: Captain Kevin on April 20, 2024, 03:02:24 am ---Ray, there should be a setting in the aircraft profile that allows you to start the engines before pushback, so just a matter of changing it. It's also useful in case you need to start the engines at the gate because of an inoperative APU.

--- End quote ---

Kev, but would that change the whole pushback procedure where I have to start engines before pushback irrespective of the APU state?

Captain Kevin:

--- Quote from: Ray Proudfoot on April 20, 2024, 09:37:35 am ---Kev, but would that change the whole pushback procedure where I have to start engines before pushback irrespective of the APU state?

--- End quote ---
It shouldn't, or at least I haven't had that issue. The only thing I can suggest is try it and find out. I was fairly certain this was in the GSX settings somewhere, but Umberto had corrected me saying it was in the aircraft profile the last time somebody had asked.

Ray Proudfoot:

--- Quote from: Captain Kevin on April 20, 2024, 02:04:44 pm ---It shouldn't, or at least I haven't had that issue. The only thing I can suggest is try it and find out. I was fairly certain this was in the GSX settings somewhere, but Umberto had corrected me saying it was in the aircraft profile the last time somebody had asked.

--- End quote ---

It's an option in Customise Aircraft. If checked the user is asked if they would like to start at least one engine. So optional. Sounds like a good solution. I shall try it this weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version