Author Topic: you need to stop the engine to request ground services  (Read 319 times)

dragunov2020

you need to stop the engine to request ground services
« on: April 05, 2024, 01:10:03 pm »
hello , while the aircraft in cold and dark condition when request GSX it says " you need to stop the engine to request ground services !" , how should i stop the engine in cold and dark condition ?

thank you
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 01:18:13 pm by dragunov2020 »

pete_auau

Re: you need to stop the engine to request ground services
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 02:01:29 pm »
hello , while the aircraft in cold and dark condition when request GSX it says " you need to stop the engine to request ground services !" , how should i stop the engine in cold and dark condition ?

thank you

The announcement doesn't come out for no reason. It comes because you either opened the GSX menu, or you left the GSX menu Active (icon white) from a previous session with GSX, and then pressed the GSX Hotkey when you were parked.

Since you seem surprised by this, indicated you haven't opened the menu yourself, it might suggest you might have pressed the GSX hotkey instead. Is it possible the key assigned to GSX be is also assigned to some other function, so you called that function and the GSX menu (which you left Enabled from a previous session) opened?

Preventing the menu to be opened by accident is another reason for the GSX manual to suggest this workflow, at Page 90, where the menu is explained:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: you need to stop the engine to request ground services
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 09:47:46 am »

There's a known bug in Fenix saved states, which causes a loss of sync between the Fenix internal engine simulation, and the standard simulator variables GSX needs to check to know if the engines are running. It only happens when recalling state in the EFB. We reported it to Fenix, and they have acknowledged the issue, so it should be fixed in an update.