Author Topic: GSX Live update v2.9.1 freeze method prevents taxi after pushback  (Read 383 times)

Bozo92

Hello Umberto,

My SIM: P3D v5.4

I recently updated from an early-2022 Couatl version to the latest v2.9.1.

After completing my first pushback using this latest version, with a towbarless truck and using the PMDG B777 I realized that I could not initiate any taxi movement until the pushback truck and ground crew had completely disappeared. I am able to reproduce this each time.

The aircraft remained stuck regardless of how much thrust was applied until the moment the freeze method initiated by GSX ended (when the truck and crew had dissapeared).

Based on the Live update release notes I believe the new new freeze method introduced at some point in late-2023 is causing the above issue in P3D.

It is my understanding that the new freeze method prevents jitters and indeed it provides for a much smoother pushback in P3D. However this new freeze method is lasting too long after pushbac. Too long being until the truck and crew have long returned to the gate area. As a consequence preventing taxi or in the case of the FSLabsaircraftit it prevents certain systems from functioning correctly (can’t set THS etc.), that is until the freeze method has ended.

My workaround is to enable the old freeze method again using pushback_freeze = 0. Naturally the pushback is a lot more jittery however there is no adverse temporary impact on aircraft/ systems.

Umberto, would it be possible to reconfigure the new freeze method to end as soon as the pushback truck is clear of the aircraft? The current implementation in P3D is quite lengthy and as a result one cannot taxi until they have both disappeared and the freeze has ended.

Thank you

« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 07:18:57 am by Bozo92 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Live update v2.9.1 freeze method prevents taxi after pushback
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 11:31:38 am »
You should enable logging and post your log after the end of the pushback, because the likely issues is that an error must have happened, which is preventing the normal completion which, of course, includes unfreezing the airplane.

Bozo92

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 03:08:07 am »
You should enable logging and post your log after the end of the pushback, because the likely issues is that an error must have happened, which is preventing the normal completion which, of course, includes unfreezing the airplane.

Hello Umberto,

After testing this repeatedly, Ican confirm that disabling the new freeze method using pushback_freeze = 0 is in fact not a workaround to the stuck aircraft issue, it still occur.

The aircraft is always stuck when QuickEdit Pushback is used prior to the pushback.
In that case, the freeze remains stuck until the moment the truck/crew disappear. I can reproduce it each time. Log Attached.

If instead I use the already Saved QuickEdit Pushback then the freeze method ends as soon as the truck/crew disconnects.

Has something changed with regards to the Editor?
The freeze method initiated by the Editor, does not end until after the truck/crew have completely disappeared again.

However, when you do not use the Editor, but instead used a saved position or the default nose left/nose right presets, the freeze method ends much sooner, in fact the aircraft is never ‘stuck’.

I recall a recent changelog entry that mentioned this very issue (when using the Editor only) being fixed. However I can confirm that the behavior still occurs in P3D v5.4 using the latest v2.9.1

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 07:23:06 am by Bozo92 »

Bozo92

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 02:05:05 am »
Hi Umberto,

Have you had a chance to review this?

It is my understanding that by design GSX always sent the "Freeze" command just before pushback commenced and then sent the "Unfreeze" command as soon as the Pushback Truck was disconnected.

Using v2.9.1 the "Unfreeze" command is not consistently being sent when the Pushback Truck is disconnected.  I can consistently reproduce this issue where the "Unfreeze" command is only being sent when both the Pushback Truck and crew have completely disappeared again.

It is my understanding (please correct me if I am mistaken) that in the the couatl.log the "Unfreeze" is recorded by aircraftDisengaged. As you can see in the Coutal.log I shared above, the "Unfreeze" only occurred a moment before the Pushback Truck and crew have disappeared again.

Therefore when this issue occurs, the "Unfreeze" command is delayed and as a consequence one cannot taxi or worst case (such as when using FSLabs Aircraft) one cannot taxi and use certain aircraft systems which are disabled during the "Freeze" period (setting THS trim, etc.).

Is it that possible this issue of the delayed "Unfreeze" is related to the type of Pushback truck (some users I have discussed this with report that it only occurs using Towbarless)?
In my testing I also happened to always be using the Towbarless truck when this issued occurred.

Could you please review this extended "Freeze" issue and reconfirm that the "Unfreeze" command is always and consistently being sent as soon as the Pushback truck has disconnected from the aircraft?

I am a loyal Virtuali customer since 10+ years  and I continue to enjoy and appreciate your products. I would be very thankful if you could please review this issue as it has been a little frustrating to use GSX since the most recent Live update to v2.9.1. I believe what sets you apart from your competition is your commitment to continuously improving your products.

I am very hopeful that you are able to address this in a in a Live update.

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 02:47:30 am by Bozo92 »