Author Topic: GSX and Couatl Littered with Bugs  (Read 2734 times)

Hnla

GSX and Couatl Littered with Bugs
« on: May 14, 2017, 05:33:55 pm »
I'm pretty astonished on how buggy this program really is. Every corner you find another bug it's pretty amazing. Especially with SODE, it's truely a nightmare.

I've tried to do many flights out of KMEM to only fail with either P3D shutting down, or Couatl shutting down. For example, I had GSX running for the NGX at KMEM while I needed to disable staircases, so I went into the config and changed it, then went back to my flight. The jetway was now all messed up in the corner and when I tried to call it it simply said "SODE CONNECTION LOST", and then Coualt shut down completely, and wouldn't start again, even after I said "restart Couatl" in the menu. I had to completely restart P3D. Here is error report:

couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Sun May 14 09:25:38 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
Application aborted because of C++ exception: <unknown error>
{'Airport': 'KMEM', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate C 16', 'User Pos': (35.044910875782776, -89.97913520951934, 106.431 m, 2.40614 m, 256.35286211158177)}

Also, I still can't access the KMEM control tower from Avatar mode, the avatar simply will be knocked away from the tower like there is some sort of collision in the tower.

Today, during a new flight, first, the fuel hose went completely through the wing, I know that's something that you can change by yourself, but I thought that you had already preset the NGX to work with the new fueling system? Like seriously...

Then, when I was about to leave the gate, I called for pushback, then followed up immediately with "P3D has stopped working" and then the program had to close. Went into error report, and low and behold!!!

Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 3.1.0.3625, time stamp: 0x58921765
Faulting module name: wrap_oal.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a25c811
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000483a1
Faulting process id: 0x414
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2ccc14423f2b3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\fsdreamteam\couatl\wrap_oal.dll
Report Id: 98e20e0d-38b9-11e7-8129-8c89a51aac22

It's truly sad how bad you have let your software get, It used to be so good, I really don't know what happened.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 05:35:30 pm by Hnla »

Hans

GSX and Couatl Littered with Bugs
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 06:28:46 pm »
Well...it works fine here at KMEM C16. So this is a problem with your specific set-up. I seldomly have problems with GSX. In fact, it's truly amazing how stable this piece of software is considering the vast ammount of different set-ups, add-on combinations and people who don't have a clue as to what their software even does.

And even though your setup is your responsibity, still the guys at FSDT are more than happy to get things running and even update their worldwide installers specifically patched to your specific individual system so you won't have the problem again. Even when you rant at them. And even when the problem is caused by another add-on or application.

So tone it down a bit and ask politely and I'm sure they'll help you out.

Grtz., Hans

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Couatl Littered with Bugs
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 08:45:54 am »
For example, I had GSX running for the NGX at KMEM while I needed to disable staircases, so I went into the config and changed it, then went back to my flight. The jetway was now all messed up in the corner and when I tried to call it it simply said "SODE CONNECTION LOST", and then Coualt shut down completely, and wouldn't start again, even after I said "restart Couatl" in the menu. I had to completely restart P3D. Here is error report:

It's very likely than trying to do something you are not supposed to do, like editing a parking while in the middle of a service and, in this case, when the jetway was still moving, might cause issues like this. We'll try to add a check to prevent you to do such thing in a future upgrade.

Also, I still can't access the KMEM control tower from Avatar mode, the avatar simply will be knocked away from the tower like there is some sort of collision in the tower.

The Avatar mode works just fine, and nobody ever reported a problem with this.

Today, during a new flight, first, the fuel hose went completely through the wing, I know that's something that you can change by yourself, but I thought that you had already preset the NGX to work with the new fueling system? Like seriously...

Exactly "like seriously"...you are labeling as a "bug", something that you will do only once, and shouldn't take more than 5 minutes ? There's a reason why there's an editor in GSX.

Faulting application name: couatl.exe, version: 3.1.0.3625, time stamp: 0x58921765
Faulting module name: wrap_oal.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a25c811

This looks like a bug in your audio drivers, not supporting OpenAl properly, which MADE Couatl crash. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do to prevent crashes due to buggy audio drivers. In fact, if you search the internet, there are a lot of AAA games that have issues with OpenAL, caused by buggy audio drivers.

There was a thread here, suggesting a possible solution:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7551.msg62933.html#msg62933

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 03:18:59 pm »
Can you help with the Avatar falling out of control tower? You said wait for a "big update" coming, but I never saw one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 04:30:14 pm »
Can you help with the Avatar falling out of control tower?

The issue is, I don't have it, and nobody

You said wait for a "big update" coming, but I never saw one.

I haven't said just that, I also said there are sounds reasons (which cannot be disclosed now), outside our control that prevents us to publish an update right now, which will be cleared in the next weeks.

Hnla

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 04:43:47 pm »

The issue is, I don't have it, and nobody

So no solution... ok.

Drover1001

couatl64_msfs.exe application error (0x40000015)
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2024, 11:02:58 am »
Couatl prevents computer shutting down.
application at location 0x00007FFBOA1D9076
please advise. Thanks