Author Topic: Zurich update? How?  (Read 4635 times)

miguel

Zurich update? How?
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:57:30 am »
Hi, Have been running original scenery. I see you gentlemen have released update 1.3
I clicked on fs09 to download. I get message that this file already exists.
That pertains to the original download. How do I get latest update? Must I uninstall orignal (I hope no).
I can't run existing file as the message asks because this would give me the same scenery I suppose.
Some of thes things are confusing. I hope I explain good. Thank you gents, Miguel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Zurich update? How?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:53:09 am »
The fact your browser alerts you that the file exists it's normal, because the updated file has the same name. The browser only care about the name, it doesn't check for content.

Just let it overwrite you existing file, then install.

christiaan

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 03:52:50 pm »
If you click on the FS2004 Add-on Manager it says check for up-dates with Zurich, can I use that instead of downloading the latest version.

That option has never been used and, in fact, it has been removed from the latest Addon Manager, because it's not really possible for a module and a scenery to update itself when FS is running.

I also have different Cloud 9 airports like LA and Amsterdam, will these be affected, which new Add-on Manager I need.

As long as you have the latest version available from Cloud9, you shouldn't be concerned at all, it's all backward compatible, and we are keeping track of all updates (easy for us, since we did all Cloud9 sceneries...). If you have an older version of a scenery, you'll get a warning, that would be solved by simply updating the affected scenery.

Have  the CD 4 to start the Flight Simulator and have a normal computer, 1024 Mb Ram, Video Nvidia 128 mb. etc, so I do not need the 2 GB. patch.

As I've said in other thread, there's no reason to be concerned of the 2GB patch. The installer will detect which FS9.EXE you have, and will install the correct version automatically. This has been fixed some hours after the initial release of the installer, so the people that had problems, were only those that downloaded the installer in the first hours.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 04:54:15 pm by virtuali »

christiaan

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 07:21:54 pm »
Installed the new version 1.3, everything went perfect.
It was so easy.

Thanks a lot.

Henry