Author Topic: Please allow us to disable the GSX integration with the PMDG 737  (Read 1978 times)

MediumRareBaku

I have long dreamed of full GSX integration with the PMDG 737s a la the Leonardo Maddog's integration. Meaning: I call GSX services, the GSX services come, and load the plane progressively.

The key word here is progressive -- there is much to be said about having the passenger and baggage weight being added slowly over time as loading progresses, and watching the fuel gauges tick upwards as the fuel is pumped onboard. That builds immersion. It forces you to start thinking about timing, sequencing, etc. You've started a process and you have to wait for it to finish. Nothing has ever built immersion more than the GSX integration in the FSLabs Airbii.

The new PMDG 737 GSX integration as implemented by GSX is an appreciated gesture in that direction, but the implementation of it is also kind of the opposite of what I was hoping for. If I wanted to load the plane instantaneously and use the GSX services for animations sake, I could already do that, and the integration only saves me a few keystrokes but adds no immersion.

As it stands currently, I'd much prefer to use it the way I was using it: call GSX boarding combined with the native PMDG passenger boarding so you get progressive loading, and use the PMDG services to load bags and fuel.

Umberto, two questions:
  • Is there any way GSX can tie into the PMDG via an API to use GSX services to actually progressively load the passenger, bags, and fuel, without having to resort to instant loading?
  • If not, we already know that GSX can push buttons in the PMDG FMC. Why not have GSX push buttons in the FMC to use the PMDG functions to progressively load the plane, optionally? Have GSX enter the passenger count, fuel, baggage weights, call the services and start them, and dismiss them?
  • Failing either of the above, can you please give an option to disable the integration so people can optionally go back to using the PMDG the way it was before, please?

Thanks!

MrScott

Re: Please allow us to disable the GSX integration with the PMDG 737
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 03:14:45 pm »
I could not agree more. If GSX cannot handle the entire PMDG Load Sequence then give us the ability to disable it completely.

MediumRareBaku

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 04:29:54 am »
On the positive side of things, I really appreciate the addition of GSX utilizing the PMDG ground power box underneath the jetway so that it looks like you're using a power connection from the jetway itself. That's quite neat and convenient to have in the GSX menu sequence.

Just Caliber

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 04:34:55 am »
I have noticed now that whenever you select any service, the GPU gets disconnected and if you don't have the APU running, you will lose power. This integration is doing more harm than good.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2024, 05:49:37 pm »
I have noticed now that whenever you select any service, the GPU gets disconnected and if you don't have the APU running, you will lose power. This integration is doing more harm than good.

I assure you the status of the PMDG GPU is checked before connecting or disconnecting it. Please provide some replication steps.

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 08:57:51 pm »

I assure you the status of the PMDG GPU is checked before connecting or disconnecting it. Please provide some replication steps.

Hello,

Is there any way to disable all PMDG Interactions such as FMC Inputs / Doors handling ... please ? I don't know if there are specific file(s) can be disabled ? I have a small project that I'm working on that manage those things instead.

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 11:03:26 pm »
Is there any way to disable all PMDG Interactions such as FMC Inputs / Doors handling ... please ? I don't know if there are specific file(s) can be disabled ? I have a small project that I'm working on that manage those things instead.

Please clarify exactly why the PMDG integration is causing a problem to your application (even in private), and we might find a better way to make it work.

okorpheus

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 05:50:05 am »
I have issues when GSX and FS2crew both try to use the right side CDU at the same time - FS2crew trying to set position, and GSX trying to set ZFW or Fuel load for example. The result being neither succeeds. I'd really like the option to tell GSX not to touch the FMS and I'll take care of entering ZFW and Fuel load.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 09:17:40 am »
I have issues when GSX and FS2crew both try to use the right side CDU at the same time - FS2crew trying to set position, and GSX trying to set ZFW or Fuel load for example. The result being neither succeed

Please clarify this better: GSX will enter the ZFW and the Fuel at different times: the ZFW when you select Boarding, and the Fuel when the GSX Fuel truck arrives and it doesn't take it for more than strictly required to insert the data.

Is FS2crew *constantly* always setting the position, so the FMC is always in use by it, every time GSX tries to operate it? That seems strange.

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2024, 09:51:11 pm »

Please clarify exactly why the PMDG integration is causing a problem to your application (even in private), and we might find a better way to make it work.

As I said, my little program is doing all the FMC clicks instead of GSX, so I would like to ask if there is a way to disable those Co Pilot only FMC Clicks.

airbumps

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2024, 08:24:36 am »

You working on a program similar to Fenix2GSX? That would be amazing!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2024, 07:59:40 pm »
As I said, my little program is doing all the FMC clicks instead of GSX, so I would like to ask if there is a way to disable those Co Pilot only FMC Clicks.

We'll think a better way for developers, like a variable you'll set temporarily while your app in in operation.

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 09:19:45 pm »

We'll think a better way for developers, like a variable you'll set temporarily while your app in in operation.

Thank you, or sth like an option / or a config line in Couatladdons.ini file that can be manually turn off PMDG Interactions would be amazing
« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 09:21:32 pm by hkhoanguyen »

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2024, 10:21:31 pm »

Hello any news relating this small request ?  Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2024, 11:28:40 pm »
Hello any news relating this small request ?  Thanks

We are still thinking about the best way to do it. Most likely, it will be an LVariable, different for each specific airplane handler, which will disable automations if set to non-zero.