Author Topic: GSX Vehicles Animation Stuttering  (Read 7777 times)

SN737

Re: GSX Vehicles Animation Stuttering
« Reply #105 on: February 27, 2024, 04:23:44 pm »
Hey, thanks for troubleshooting, I'm with 7900X3D and disabled SMT, nothing changed.

ycristia

« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2024, 05:42:36 pm »
Hey, thanks for troubleshooting, I'm with 7900X3D and disabled SMT, nothing changed.

Dang. Did you try my other two changes I made? Try resizable bar

SN737

« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2024, 11:05:42 pm »
I tried with resizable bar but not removing my controllers form msfs and same stutter fest

devnull

« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2024, 03:16:22 pm »
I hope this can get fixed in any way. It's a bit immersion breaking.

Hi, I might have figured out what was causing the issue. It seems that GSX does not play nice with Hyperthreading. At least for me it doesn’t. Can you try disabling hyperthreading or SMT if you are on AMD chip and see if that stops the stuttering for you as well?

Hi there,
sorry for the late reply but i had to register first and the activation took some time.

I can confirm the settings you mentioned. Deactivating hyperthreading led to a considerable improvement on my system. The stuttering is completely gone. Ty!

Alex871

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2024, 02:26:26 am »
I'm still seeing this issue in p3d only affects PMDG products. I've reinstalled cc libraries and simconnect. The issue has not went away could this be from a windows update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2024, 11:21:50 am »
I'm still seeing this issue in p3d only affects PMDG products. I've reinstalled cc libraries and simconnect. The issue has not went away could this be from a windows update?

With "P3D only", you mean you have MSFS as well and you don't have the issue there, or you only have P3D? P3D has less latency on Simconnect than MSFS and, fact you said it only affects PMDG, seems to indicate you are having a completely different issue that is being discussed here.

The thing that is being discussed here, is the GSX vehicles that arrives on the airplane are supposedly not very smooth, and it usually improves by locking the fps. If with "only affects PMDG", maybe you are referring to the AIRPLANE jittering during PUSHBACK? If yes, that's completely different matters, which is related in some way to PMDG custom ground handling and handling of the parking brakes, is somewhat "fighting" with GSX Pushback, which we tried to fix in several ways, like sending fake pushback commands (because PMDG *DOES* recognize default pushback instead), or fake brakes presses, but these are just hacks, the real solution would be PMDG temporarily disable their internal simulation of whatever is fighting against GSX while GSX is pushing, like they surely do when the default pushback is used.